Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

significant comments

Hi, a practitioner at our setting is adament we need to write seperate significant comments for each child in each of the seven areas, she thinks this was mentioned at a recent training event.

I dont see the point as these comments are already written as part of the observation, does anyone else do this? (write significant comments seperately)

to my knowledge there are no rules as to how or what to write in an ob. You do it the way that is right for your setting, your children and your planning. as long as you track childrens learning then it's fine. We do not plan around the seven areas of learning we plan around the child ...so no i wouldn't be doing this!

• Like 1

Totally agree with finlaysmaid. Don't make work for yourself, if the statement sums up the activity then go with it! What I would say though is make sure that what you have written is relevant to the statements you have picked. I proof read many observations and occasionally am flummoxed as to why a specific statement has been chosen. For example, running about outside and then the statement 'begins to count beyond ten' is used. I'd like to see that mentioned in the obs too - the where and how of it. Could that be where she is coming from?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)