Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Funds/Grants

Guest Ashlihardy09

Guest Ashlihardy09

In our local area currently there is a capital grant available for two year olds. Is that available in other areas if so what resources/building etc have you applied for??

Any help would be good

Thanks

Welcome to you both, and congratulations on making your first posts!

I'm interested to know what kinds of settings are you in, and what percentage of your total role call will be made up of two year olds?

• 4 weeks later...

We also were given Capital grant for two year olds. We were allowed to spend it only within FF2 section on KCS webshop.

We bought some Community Playthings play panels, low units, mini trikes, etc

I think the grant is based on how many places you are currently offering (registered) but to be honest not 100% sure. The whole process is a bit of the mystery, but I am not complaining ;-)

• 5 weeks later...

I'm setting up and have been awarded a conditional grant which is for building works / expansion of an existing church hall to allow more spaces. They haven't specified how many places I need to reserve. I spoke to someone today who received a grant and is offering one space, which is a lot fewer than I had been thinking.

ff2 = 'free for two' two year old funding

KCS = Kent County Supplies

Kent County Council were doing this based on offering a grant to be spent on resources from the KCS FF2 section of their online supplies company. This was originally based on £800.00 per place settings are willing to offer, then they changed it to a blanket £2000.00 per setting offering free places for two year olds

Hope this helps Finleysmaid, I would hate to think you are puzzling over that one all weekend!!!!!!

ff2 = 'free for two' two year old funding

KCS = Kent County Supplies

Kent County Council were doing this based on offering a grant to be spent on resources from the KCS FF2 section of their online supplies company. This was originally based on £800.00 per place settings are willing to offer, then they changed it to a blanket £2000.00 per setting offering free places for two year olds

Hope this helps Finleysmaid, I would hate to think you are puzzling over that one all weekend!!!!!!

aha thanks for that! We currently get £200 per two year old...we could get capital grants for building purposes (dont know the limits as i can't build on our rented hall!)

We applied last year and didn't get anything originally but had a phone call a couple of weeks ago saying there was some money left over so may get some. Then we have had another email offering another application. We have applied for resources - changing unit etc - unfortunately came a bit late for us or I think we would have received a sizeable amount as we bought a new building 3 years ago to enable us to take 2 yrs olds!!