Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Breakdown of relationship with parent

hi

Just wondered if anyone has ever been in a similar position?

Following issues with a parent of a child who has only been with us a few weeks, the relationship between the parent and setting seems to have broken down. The parent refuses to speak to the other member of staff and is quite rude. She has already made a complaint to the Head and has been very vocal on collection of her child about her dissatisfaction with us. Fortunately several parents challenged this immediately and 2 have contacted the head off their own backs to raise concerns about the parent's behaviour.

At the moment we don't quite know where to go with it next. Can a parent be asked to find another setting because the setting cannot work with the parent? I feel the parent has 'issues' of her own and she readily admits losing her temper at the previous setting which is worrying in itself.

Any ideas what to do next?!

I run my own group. I wouldn't hesitate to ask her to leave, however, we have the child here to think of and lots of different settings is not ideal. could you find someone to mediate for you, ie someone like your LA Advisor at a time when tHe child is not in ear shot and you cN all be quite calm about what has been happening and come to some agreement in the end.

We have in our terms and conditions that this type of behaviour towards staff will not be tolerate. In the past I have threatened to withdraw a place. I would call the parent in for a meeting to be honest.

We had this recently the parent left in the end but not before making a non accurate complaint to Ofsted. The head really shoudl step in.

We have in our terms and conditions that this type of behaviour towards staff will not be tolerate. In the past I have threatened to withdraw a place. I would call the parent in for a meeting to be honest.

We had this recently the parent left in the end but not before making a non accurate complaint to Ofsted. The head really shoudl step in.

The Head did! Called a meeting ( which surprised the parent!) and made it very clear it was unacceptable and wouldn't be tolerated. She made full apology and said she is really pleased with how the child is doing with us!

Onwards and upwards but it makes you rather wary!!

• Like 1

The Head did! Called a meeting ( which surprised the parent!) and made it very clear it was unacceptable and wouldn't be tolerated. She made full apology and said she is really pleased with how the child is doing with us!

Onwards and upwards but it makes you rather wary!!

Great news! :1b