Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Numbers for outdoors

I've made and double laminated numbers to hang outside but they are not really robust enough for the children to use. So thinking about buying some. Anyone recommend some please ideally 1-20?

We do have the carpet tile numbers but we are looking for some that we can hopefully hang up so the children can swop them around etc!

Thanks

Edited by Guest

Mindstretchers sell 'slices' of natural wood that you can write on so that might be an option. I've only seen them online though, we haven't bought them.

you could make these if you have a friendly tree surgeon in your community - we've found they are usually happy to oblige ;-)

- the foam numbers out of the giant hopscotch are good too...if you can stop the littlies from biting in to them when carrying them round!!!

I was in a setting recently that has a set of numerals that looked like rattan, and which the children had woven bits of thread, ribbon etc in. They looked great fixed to their fence. I'm sure she said they came from tts, but I cant quite recall now, it was a while back. Im sure someone will know the ones I mean.

I was in a setting recently that has a set of numerals that looked like rattan, and which the children had woven bits of thread, ribbon etc in. They looked great fixed to their fence. I'm sure she said they came from tts, but I cant quite recall now, it was a while back. Im sure someone will know the ones I mean.

Yes TTS sell the rattan style numbers. We have number rubbing plaques also from TTS which our children love to either just touch and feel the textures and patterns or to do rubbings over. They are only 1 to 10 though.

Mel

x

• 1 month later...

INSPIRATION IN THE SHOWER ALERT!!!!

Think I may have come up with an idea that might work. What about putting numbers or letters inside plastic jars like those that Baker Ross use for sequins etc then no more nails-ing the lid on then hang outdoors? Could either put number / letter cards inside or glue to inside of jar. Probably best to dominate these for extra resistance against moisture?

What do you think??

Green Hippo x

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)