Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

OBSERVATION AND TRACKING FOR UNDER 5S

Hi,

I run an afterschool club for children aged 4 -12 years old.

I understand we need to observe children that come under 'early years' so until end of Reception.

As anyone got any suggestions on what format can be used to track progress and some observation formats they wouldnt mind sharing please? As its an after school club I imagine it would be pretty baisc?

What are the key themes/ elements to focus on as its forever changing!

Any help/ suggestions highly appreciated!!!

Dee

Tree Tots Manager.

Hi

I found this link to the Out of School Alliance and wonder if they have any suggestions.

We have various observation templates you may be able to adapt for purpose in the resource library here

http://eyfs.info/forums/files/category/26-enjoying-and-achieving/

Sorry I can't help further but not worked in an afterschool club....seems a bit tough doing obs for me, surely most of them just want to come and chill after a long day at school :(

Oh and welcome and congrats on your first post :D

Hi

I found this link to the Out of School Alliance and wonder if they have any suggestions.

We have various observation templates you may be able to adapt for purpose in the resource library here

http://eyfs.info/forums/files/category/26-enjoying-and-achieving/

Sorry I can't help further but not worked in an afterschool club....seems a bit tough doing obs for me, surely most of them just want to come and chill after a long day at school :(

Oh and welcome and congrats on your first post :D

Thank u sooo much Sue!

I do agree with what your saying and we do try keep the settling as relaxed as possible as kids want just chill out after long day at school! But we have to show for all the EYFS kids how we are planning for them for their play opportunities and have to show evidence with obs.

Just more Paper work! But hey we do love what we do! :)

Feeling a little anxious as both my settings are due Ofsted very soon - been nearly 4 years since last inspection now! :huh:

Dee x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)