Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Performance Related Pay

Guest clpeo

I was asked today by my leadership team how they could look at my Early Years team's performance in relation to their pay. They want something measurable (data driven I believe), such as Key Stage 1 and beyond have to show a progression of 3 sub-levels for their children. I tried to explain that tracking children's progress in EYFS is quite different, but as usual I was met with blank faces as if they'd zoned out when I mentioned words such as '36 months' and 'emerging' 'expected' etc! I would really appreciated anyone who has any ideas how their school deal with this.

Thank you.

And us. Set a target based on my initial assessment. Then when we reviewed progress later in the year (by which time we knew how GLD would be calculated) looked at those who were just 1 or 2 ELGs off achieving a GLD and gave focused support to help them achieve this.

All good suggestions, but we also have a Nursery in our school. What about performance related pay in there? Would you do same but use 30-50 months or entering 40-60 months as a bench mark for leaving Nursery?

% of children on track at start of the year vs increased % of children getting a good level of development at the end of the year? That would be my offer.

Cx

Catma, are you saying look at how many children are showing elements of 40-60e at beginning and then aim to get this amount plus a further 'x'% to expected by the end? And would this be in all the areas that contribute to the GLD? Or would you focus on a specific area. Last year our entry data was low for reading so we focused our PM targets on that area.

• 2 weeks later...

Catma, are you saying look at how many children are showing elements of 40-60e at beginning and then aim to get this amount plus a further 'x'% to expected by the end? And would this be in all the areas that contribute to the GLD? Or would you focus on a specific area. Last year our entry data was low for reading so we focused our PM targets on that area.

Pretty much as the GLD is a defined outcome - but if your school focus on one area then fine! It's all down to what you agree anyway!!

Hi

What is on track at the start of Reception though? Does it differ for a 4.1 yr old to a just turned 5 year old?

Thanks

emerging 40 - 60+ as a minimum really, as a 4.1 month year old is 49 months anyway and the band is 60+ (everyone always forgets the plus!)so covers older children too. Given the ELG is the expected end of stage outcome then a 60 month aged child may be further on but then you'd be looking at exceeding at the end of the year.

Cx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)