Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

one month old baby

TORO

We are going to be looking after a month old baby soon, mum is starting a new course, baby has not been immunised so I have advised mum to get it done before baby starts. We look after babies but not one so young, has anyone got a care plan or template we should have in place like sleeping charts etc, to share please, or advise.

Thanks.

That's just what I was thinking, narnia. But it has been a long time since my babies were young! :blink:

I went and checked - immunisations start from two months. There's a full breakdown of what immunisations happen and when here.

Edited by HappyMaz
To add in link to NHS website

They certainly won't shift the immunisation schedule just because the baby is starting nursery. This is why it's important that all healthy babies have their immunisations done, to protect younger babies and those who can't have the vaccinations for whatever reason.

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies, mum has been to the doctors and she will have to wait till baby is 8 weeks old, for the first injection, she might have to postpone course, she is a young mum.... regarding the insurance thanks for that we will call them up, I was a bit reluctant, but college is 5 mins walk from nursery, still need advice on a care plan or appropriate settling questions if anyone can be of help.

Thanks

• Like 1

Toni, can you send me your email address and I will send you over some questions that we ask Mum for, we have 4 month old twins in at the moment. We follow their routine and ensure everything is passed back to Mum - 1 month old is so young. Mine used to come in at that age, but stayed in the office with me, I would check your Ofsted registration too and I'm sure there used to be a legal requirement of what stage you could go back to work after a baby although I could be going mad and thinking it all up!

• 4 weeks later...

Is there not a min age of 6 weeks? I know we had a mum approach the nursery I worked at at around 4 weeks and had to wait till 6 weeks min! Since mums have to take a min of 6 weeks may leave I assumed this was min age that could be taken into a setting too