Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Info for parents

Hi

Just wondering what info you send out to parents about the half term ahead. We have used in the past a theme plan of the aspects we would cover. We plan very loosely in terms of a theme to give some structure but also go with children's interests.

I often wonder how much parents actually read after I have spent ages writing.

I would love to hear what you do.

Thanks

Skippy

• Like 1

We put up our plans for parents or anyone else to read each week for that week and the following week, but we plan very much in the short term so don't tend to give parents planning info very far in advance. We do tell them if there is something special coming up, festivals, celebrations, something they could collect for us etc.

• Like 1

i put up a weekly list of the activities being offered each day by each key group, details of the focus aspect (we loosely look at one each week, adding relevant resources to our CP) plus any other activities such as cookery club, dance classes or special visitors. Info about setting stuff such as new children, reminders and term dates go on the half termly newsletter

Thanks for sharing ;-) .

Would something like tis week we will be....... As at the moment we send home a plan for the term with a guide as to what we would cover. Parents receive a newsletter with general information on it but what I wondered was if we need to be sending home this plan for the term?

thats exactly what ours is but I don't send a copy home, too much paper/ink, it is on the noticeboard and parents are reminded it is there. By producing a weekly 'plan' it can be changed on a whim as childrens interests change, tricky to do if you have sent out a set in stone paper copy of a terms plan

Thanks for sharing ;-) .

Would something like tis week we will be....... As at the moment we send home a plan for the term with a guide as to what we would cover. Parents receive a newsletter with general information on it but what I wondered was if we need to be sending home this plan for the term?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)