Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

ELGs

I know this has been discussed but I'm still unsure. If finished/secure in 40-60months, do you then look at elgs. These are different or is it assumed that when secure in 40-60 months all elgs are finished. Sorry Catma as I know you have addresses this but any chance of one more go to clear it up. All Your help is very much appreciated always.

Yes agree, of course, with Finleysmaid :1b

I urge my staff to be 'cautious' with this - to my way of thinking if you are saying 'secure' you are in effect saying 'they need to further opportunities in this area'.......

On the 'Kent' paperwork the definition of secure is: 'The child is fully confident in applying the skills and knowledge in this age band independently and consistently in a range of situations - the learning is now fully embedded'

Just popped back to say......hadn't noticed this is in 'Reception' area of forum - oops!

Edited by sunnyday
  • Like 2

Well I shall have my twopennyworth alongside you Sunnyday! As well as what Suinnyday has mentioned we have also been told that there is no EDS. with the ELG's - a child either achieves that status or they don't we thought on the few we gave secure to at 40-60 the schools would naturally pick up that these children would be capable now of being observed to work at the level which would allow them to achieve ELG by the end of Reception Year.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)