Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Interview

I have been asked to an interview at a childrens centre for an admin job.

I have been out of childcare now for 4 years.

Part of the interview is a 15 minute display task to create a childrens centre display themed upon one or more of the childrens centre every child matters outcomes.

So my problem is,

1. I have gone completely blank and cant even remember what the outcomes are and

2. What could I create as a display.

they will provide notice board, but i have no idea how big it is.

Help please, i am seriously starting to panic.

Hi Brenda

Congrats on the interview! :1b

So they mean - 'A Unique child' + 'Positive Relationships' + 'Enabling Environments'= 'Learning and Development' (or am I going completely mad - feel free to say yes! xD )

A Unique Child actively drives their own learning, reaching out and making sense of their experiences with people and the world around them. Within warm and loving Positive Relationships, the child experiences emotional safety which is the bedrock to learning about how to be a person, and becomes a social learner interacting with others and learning from others. Enabling Environments provide the stimulating outdoor and indoor experiences - in settings and at home - which challenge children, respond to their interests and meet their needs. The result of these three elements interacting together is the child's Learning and Development

Not sure if that helps at all :blink:

I would think your right sunnyday - maybe as a childrens centre it would be positive relationships to go for - how working together with parents and children can support this - put some of the activites or support available from the centre can do this - have you checked out their website as all children centres usually have one to get more info - good luck

• Like 1

Thanks folks. I know that I really know what the outcomes are just needed convincing.

So do I do a display on leaflets etc, or one like I would have done in a nursery, I.e. with things that i have made and cut out, coloured etc.

I hate interviews!!!!

I don't think this is to do with EYFS, they mean the every child matters outcomes which were the focus of the Children's centre inspection framework.

Being healthy
Staying safe
Enjoying and achieving
Making a positive contribution
Economic and social well-being.

They are not about childcare but about the services the CC has to support families within these outcomes.

However - from April 2013 these are not used as a measure of children's centres effectiveness so the centre is a bit out of date! ECM outcomes are also not used by the DfE any more. http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/childrens-centre-inspection-handbook-for-inspections-april-2013

A display on smoking cessation would go into staying healthy or volunteering in the CC would go into making a positive contribution?

Cx

Edited by catma
  • Like 2

I was just thinking the other day if the ECMs statements were still in use.

Thank-you for that info (another thing off the 'to do list' :1b )

I don't think this is to do with EYFS, they mean the every child matters outcomes which were the focus of the Children's centre inspection framework.

Being healthy
Staying safe
Enjoying and achieving
Making a positive contribution
Economic and social well-being.

They are not about childcare but about the services the CC has to support families within these outcomes.

However - from April 2013 these are not used as a measure of children's centres effectiveness so the centre is a bit out of date! ECM outcomes are also not used by the DfE any more. http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/childrens-centre-inspection-handbook-for-inspections-april-2013

A display on smoking cessation would go into staying healthy or volunteering in the CC would go into making a positive contribution?

Cx