Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

A Levels

Melba

Three years ago when the A level results came out we were at Yellowstone National Park. . . . .

Luckily my son got into Cardiff uni. . . . . . .

I think trying to go through clearing from the USA might have been tricky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not very good planning for the timing of our trip!!!!!!!

However 3 years later he has graduated with a two one and listening to the stuff on the news this morning makes me realise how fast the time has gone by.

Good luck to everyone awaiting results today!!

Edited by Scarlettangel
  • Like 3

No 2 son decided last week to drop the news that he didn't want to do the course he had been accepted on ( he thought he had taken an easy option) so we collected his results this morning @ 7am (a well deserved AAB) and then spent 3 and half hours finding him a place through adjustment. Very stressful but we got there in the end. Good luck to anyone else who has young people embarking on the uni journey this year!

My daughter got her results - not as good as she hoped and there were floods of tears but she passed and I have to keep reminding her that i am not disappointed - she had no plans for uni but is stuck of what to do from here on. I t's awful seeing a beautiful, bright and lovely girl feel that she is not going to achieve anything . I have always encouraged her in everyything and never been a pushy parent although there are times i think i should have done more. The pressure upon children to succeed well in exams and go to uni is too much in my opinion - I have said hindsight is a wonderful thing and she must take this as a positive to succeed in the future .

A friend on FB wrote this yesterday - it summed up what I had been trying to tell my daughter and made me smile after having to read all other posts by people of how fab their children had done and what grades and uni they were going to - don't get me wrong every parent should be able to show their pride in their children - I will always be proud of my daughter no matter what her exam results are

Success, for the most part, is about what we do with our failures

Absolutely lashes. First child struggled through every exam but she is the one who is most able to go out into the world and be happy however her life goes. The other two are more academic but much less confident.

I will just be glad when don't have to keep stressing over results.

• Like 1

:o Why didn't this thread remind me to ring my Godson to see how he had got on :blink: I am so ashamed of myself......anyway, he has just given me a ring and woohoo 3 A's has earned him a place at Twickenham - he is going into Primary Ed! :1b

ooh not far from me!....if he wants some work experience i'm just down the train line!

Well done to everyone.....and to all their parents who have to put up with the tears and temper tantrums!

• Like 1

:o Why didn't this thread remind me to ring my Godson to see how he had got on :blink: I am so ashamed of myself......anyway, he has just given me a ring and woohoo 3 A's has earned him a place at Twickenham - he is going into Primary Ed! :1b

He'll be the same year as my nephew who took a gap year and is starting this Sept to do sports rehab at Twickenham too!

• Like 1