Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

bahaviour management policy

lashes2508

Hi All,

I am about to embark on rewriting our behaviour policy so it reflects what we do - I am asking if you include a piece on bullying - having had a discussion on this with my area SEnco we both agreed 1. was it necessary as do children of this age really 'bully' - wanted your thoughts on this please

Hi does your behaviour policy not include all users, so adults rather than children may come into that category.

Another thought when does bullying really start, can we honestly say we have never seen a trait of bullying in some of our under fives.

I think it's more about the settings overall ethos, kind hands, kind words etc.:)

I have a parent at our setting who was a dreadful bully to one of the staffs own child at school many years ago, so it might also be a useful tool for staff to recognise the differences in behaviours and appropriate actions.

• Like 1

Am I right in thinking that n the old EYFS it said that the behaviour management policy must include how the setting deals with bullying? Has this changed in the revised version?

mmm I don't see where it specifies 'bullying' unless someone can enlighten me - we deal with repeated unwanted behaviour which you could class as bullying - my view is that children do not necessarily know it is bullying until they are taught or shown different - it more them being able to realsie that the effect of their behaviour can have as it is not intentional bullying - hope that makes sense !

• Like 1

Yes and certainly to cover adult behaviour. Also, I think it helps clarify/define what bulllying actually is, particularly for parents who may be attending as first time parents who do need some guidance as to what is bullying and what is not.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)