Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Superheroes role play

klc106

We have chosen to start the new term by focusing on 'superheroes' and vaguely linking it will 'all about me' and the skills we have, how we look etc.

Has anyone got any ideas what we could turn the role play area into?

We are a packaway setting so it will need to be easy to set up/put away each day.

Also, can you recommend any good books for this topic or activity ideas that have worked well. We have children aged 2-4yrs.

Cheap superhero capes can be made by cutting the front off an adult t-shirt.

Cut up one side seam, across shoulder seam and around the neck line (leaving it intact with the t-shirt back) then across the other shoulder and down the other side seam, remove the t-shirt front. The children can then pop it over their heads and hey presto - a superhero cape!!

I also used pipe insulating as 'safe' swords, as my children were obsessed with swords and used anything and everything as swords, which could be quite dangerous.

• Like 2

You could ask the children what sort of a house a superhero lives in, and work from their ideas to produce props together.

A telephone box to change in! ;)

• Like 1

I bought cheap packs of tea towels and threaded elastic through the short seam to make capes. The boys grab them when they arrive and the black ones are their particular favourites but the girls love the brightly coloured and flowery ones. Very cheap and a no-sew option. Also made some superhero clip boards from black clip boards from the Pound shop and decorated the front with stickers. It has encouraged their mark making. Also have covered Pringle tubes with character wrapping paper etc. and thread string through which they carry around with their secret maps etc.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)