Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Marion Dowling on the new Level 3

Rea

I do love Marion Dowling. Wonder if anyone ever calls her Maz? :P

Anyway. I'm not sure if any of you saw Liz Truss' article on facebook earlier today about the widening of two year old funding? She stated that 500,000 two year olds are already 'undertaking early learning' and this really irritated me. I couldn't quite put my finger on why, and decided not to comment until I decided whether I was just a little bit prejudiced against anything and everything she says these days.

Then I read this article and understood - the Minister is using the 'language of delivery' rather than describing what children are actually doing. She could so easily have said that those 500,000 are learning through play, or that settings and practitioners are now supporting and extending their learning and developing.

Does anyone know which new Level 3 she is talking about in her article though - is it the one Penny Tassoni has written? The last I heard she was struggling to get it accepted as full and relevant, especially as qualifications were being reviewed following the Nutbrown recommendations.

• Like 1

Oh and it has only just dawned on me why that link doesn't work. This article was written in March, and the consultation has now finished!

But even so, all of those points are still very much valid!

• Like 1

I Absolutley know what you mean about seeing the name Truss and not being able to think objectively. I have to read her comments carefully before allowing myself to think badly of her.

I think it was a rather nothing article, nothing new, no detail and nothing we would be able to discuss one way or another. She seems to like the sound of her own voice.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)