Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Camera ideas

Rea

I want to buy a camera for me. I might even do a photography class. I want something fairly easy to use, although if I do a class no doubt anything more complicated can be learnt, I want to be able to take pictures when I'm out and about, landscapes and close ups but also at gigs and parties. An HD video would be good too.

I can go to about £300.

So far I've looked at the Panasonic Lumix range, good reviews but Canon and Nikon come out good too.

Any ideas?

A bridge camera sounds like the sort of thing you are looking for.. we have a fuji which is very good, light to carry and the pictures/ video are really good..husband enjoys using it ,.. my camera is more technical and needs a bit more knowledge on use.. but is a cannon.. had it a long time now so I know there are more up to date models..

must admit to using QVCuk for some of these as you can try it out for 30 days and then return it if no good.. no questions asked only pay for the postage..have a cousin who does the same .

( dare I say my sister when moving did this with a steam cleaner.. bought one.. cleaned the house to move.. and sent it back.. so cost was postage for a month of steam cleaning in the house, we cleaned so much in that time!! ).

• Like 2

I didnt know QVC were still going! Thanks I'll have a look :1b

Thats great info about the bridge camera too, it certainly narrows my search a bit, there are 1000s out there!

Edited by Rea

I love the Sony range of cameras and I have an A300 an A700 and a NEX5

(I did used to do wedding pics hence a choice of cameras!!)

I think the Sony range is quite wide and definitely worth a look.

As a handbag camera though I do quite fancy Samsungs DV151 with dual screens!!

I love my lumix too! but I tend to use my camera on my mob for everything, i always have it with me, takes good videos and easy to share or upload!

I only ever take photos with my phone but I want to do some nice composition pieces and really get the detail my phone just cant manage.

I originally wanted to draw, I was ready to sign up to classes but I know in my heart I cant do it and I'd always be disappointed with the results so I thought photography would suit my need for perfection :1b

my daughter and friend are going on a photography course this friday - beginners and then intermediate booked for another day , should have done it ages ago as it was Christmas present , studio have been great about rearranging it due to their exams - got the voucher through travelzoo

Whole thing might be on hold, just found the reminder from HMRC about my missing NI contributions over the years. I might pay that on the off chance the old age pension will still exist in 20 odd years time. Pants! :(