Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Foundation Degree Students?

I have completed E123.E124 AND E243 = and lhave just completed E115 myself recently - very grey area. Still have E230 ongoing. I am waiting to decide whether or not I shall do E215 next year all being well to complete the Degree. May put it off until 2007.

Sue

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi All.

I am on my second year of a part-time Foundation Degree at Hull college and am finding it hard to get motivated after Xmas and finish the 5 assignments due by the end of Jan! Is anyone else feeling the same?

Gailx

P.S. Well done Sharon.

Me too Gail.

I am also coming to the end of my second year and have 2 assignments and a presentation to do before the 5th Jan!!

At the moment I am stuck on my action plan for the next 2 years.

1500 words...have only got 600

• 3 years later...

Hi colleen

I have just embarked also on my first year of the EYFD...I am really enjoying it and we are now coming to the end of our first module. I have to admit I am nervous about submitting my first essay and I am not 100% sure if I am doing it right but fingers crossed. I would love to enter into chat with you to see how you are doing from time to time if you are up for it?

Lorraine

I have just embarked on a foundation degree in early childhood policy and practice and would love to chat to other foundation stage students? Anyone interested?

Hi did you manage to complete all your tasks that were set? I have just started my foundation degree so this is all new to me....

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Me too Gail.

I am also coming to the end of my second year and have 2 assignments and a presentation to do before the 5th Jan!!</span>

At the moment I am stuck on my action plan for the next 2 years.

1500 words...have only got 600

Hi !

I've just started my EY foundation degree last week and have been given two assignments already !

Must admit it sent me into panic mode !

Not sure if i can do the course, I'm an older person so haven't studied for a while and certainly not at this level !

I'm just about to start my first assignment tomorrow after mountains of research just to make sure what I'm writing is correct.

Hope all goes well with your first essay.

Motherclangerx

• 2 weeks later...

Well done to all, I am in my 3rd year at chelmsford uni fda childcare and education, cant wait for next year for my graduation, but it does take over your life.

lynn

Hi !

I've just started my EY foundation degree last week and have been given two assignments already !

Must admit it sent me into panic mode !

Not sure if i can do the course, I'm an older person so haven't studied for a while and certainly not at this level !

I'm just about to start my first assignment tomorrow after mountains of research just to make sure what I'm writing is correct.

Hope all goes well with your first essay.

Motherclangerx

I've just started the second year on a FD in Early Years. I have spent the whole day completely stressed out because I don't know how to write a summative evaluation of my learning through the first year. All the bits of advice we've had (which isn't much) seem to contradict each other so I'm going round in circles getting nowhere fast.

I know I'll get my head round it and it will all become clear in the end but I just wanted to let you know that you have company in panic mode, Motherclanger!

I'm jolly sure you can do the course and getting feedback early on is a really good idea. Get a basic structure or a list of points down on paper and get feedback to see of your working on the right lines.

Good luck

Thanks for the advice Upsy Daisy

I have already done a plan for my tutor last week, which looks fine on paper but unfortunately I seem to be suffering from writers block.

My brain is so overloaded with all the information I have been researching and reading I can't think straight and with deadlines looming I'm not sure if I can make it ! Its my first assignment too ! I really don't want to fail but.....

Mind you, I've been learning a great deal and coming across articles that will come in handy for other assignments, but not necessarily what I need for this one. Oh well I've got a study leave day on Monday I will have to pull my finger out and get started !

By the way if anyone has come across a quote from Piaget about schemas could you please let me know, I need one from one of his own writings and struggling to find one in time.

Motherclangerx

By the way if anyone has come across a quote from Piaget about schemas could you please let me know, I need one from one of his own writings and struggling to find one in time.

MC here's a link to the google books page about Piaget's book "Play, Dreams and Imitation in Childhood" (1951).

Should produce some quotes, I'd have thought!

Maz

Thanks Maz !

I'll have a look in a minute ! I think I have looked at sooooo many of Piaget books my eyes ache !

I need a specific reference to the first time he used the word schema in his work, I know its probably there somewhere and I'm not one for leaving things unfinished. If I don't find it in time for my assignment I will search until I find one after it !

Just going to see if I can find a quote for schemas from a journal now......

Wish me luck. lol !

Motherclangerx

• 5 months later...

do you have a list of books resources that are needed and any sites for help please just signing up and will hopefully join year two .

quote name='Sharon' date='Sep 26 2005, 17:52' post='38779']

Hi Coleen, Hali and Maz.

I completed my FD in July, I have just ordered my gown for my graduation and my Parents, Nan and Husband are all coming to see me recieve the scroll. It isn't as far off as it seems now and is worth it in the end.

I know I have developed personally and profesionally for the better as you will do too.

One thing I loved about going to college was having a day for me, albeit a long, hard day, when I wasn't a Mum, or teacher etc and I had a whole hour for lunch!

I am now back at college doing a year topup course BA hons in Early Learning.

Sharon

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)