Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

B-3 And Fks Resources

:o Does anyone have a checklist of resources for nurseries so that new nurseries can set up will equipment or new practitioners can review equipment?

LGM

Hmm. I wouldn't have thought there would be a standard list Lisa - every nursery is likely to have its own preferences isn't it? I guess as long as the equipment to 'exercise' all the six areas of learning is available, that would be the most important thing - and each setting will take its own view on what resources will best accomplish this. For example settings will have different opinions on how much they're prepared to use plastics, or would prefer to use natural materials etc.

Don't think that's much use really, but I can't think of any conversation here that might provide a solid inventory... :o

Nursery World has got a publication called something like Starting your Own Nursery Business. I think that may have a chapter on resources. They also have supplementary magazines which review equipment, maybe some back issues will be useful.

I agree with Steve, When I bought my preschool, with all contents, I ditched quite a few "plastic" toys and a large file of "Worksheets" :oxD . I also needed to purchase child sized furniture.

The Community Playthings website is quite useful for information on layout and resources.

You can look at curriculum areas and make a list ie: Physical: Items to enable gross and fine motor skills, items to enable independent use of self care practice ie: low level coat hangers, child friendly soap dispensers, air dryers or paper towels?? etc etc etc

Good luck.

Peggy

The best suggestion I could come up with would be to get a catalogue from an educational supplier (such as Hope, Galt Educational etc.) and go through it selecting resources from the different sections according to your needs. As someone who runs a playgroup from a village hall its important that everything we get is easily stored and will withstand damp conditions. If you didn't have to pack everything away at the end of the session you might be more inclined to go for bigger, sturdier items. However, you may then be limited on space (something I have in adundance in the hall!) and need resources which are can be used in lots of different ways. :)

The best suggestion I could come up with would be to get a catalogue from an educational supplier (such as Hope, Galt Educational etc.) and go through it selecting resources from the different sections according to your needs.  As someone who runs a playgroup from a village hall its important that everything we get is easily stored and will withstand damp conditions.  If you didn't have to pack everything away at the end of the session you might be more inclined to go for bigger, sturdier items.  However, you may then be limited on space (something I have in adundance in the hall!) and need resources which are can be used in lots of different ways.  :)

38741[/snapback]

Thanks for help - have made catalogue suggestions etc

I would love to sit down and go through catalogues etc with them but time doesn't allow and orders need to be made ASAP

LGM

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)