Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Creationist nurseries!

Scarlettangel

http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/news/bulletin/nurseryworldupdate/article/1181091/?DCMP=EMC-CONNurseryWorldUpdate

Not sure if that link will work but its a nursery world piece about funding for creationist nurseries!

I hadn't heard of them but they believe that the Loch Ness monster disproves evolution and they don't follow the EYFS!

Odd.

Edited by Scarlettangel

Correct. I was watching a programme about this the other night and they literally believe what the bible says. 6 days and a day off with his feet up. There is/was NO evolution, only god's hand in everything that has ever happened.

I obviously didnt read the article all the way through or didnt take in what I was reading!!!

So, the Government doesnt fund the schools as they are classed as too extreme to be considered state schools......

but the Governemnt didnt care what was taught to our young children (surely not!!!!!) in nurseries attached to these schools, so it was Ok to have NEF despite the extreme views????

I wonder how the EFYS has been bent to fit this creationist approach?????????

Its not a dig just a wonder on the part of my mind!!!

now i am not one for supporting extremists but surely this is a christian schools promoting cristian values....arn't they? if you believe the bible then you also (in theory) believe that God made the world..... I know plenty of church schools who teach this! In fact one of my very catholic boys when told of the story of creation at his sisters school laughed and told them they were silly because that couldn't possibly happen and then proceeded to explain his thoughts on evolution (he's only just turned 4!). Preschool is not compusory, parents get to choose what they want.....perhaps this is their choice? We have some fairly extreme schools in this area!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)