Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Good News

Hi everyone,

Hubby and I became proud grandparents of "Tanner " (T.J. to us) at 8:15am, he weighed 8Ib 50z. :D:D:D . Mum & dad doing fine after a very long night!!

It is also our daughter Cheryl's 24th birthday today, so BBQ, Beer and Champagne :oxD:(

Peggy

Aren't families wonderful :)

Congraulations - can't remember - is this your first grandchild? Hope they live near so you can regularly get your cuddles and as for families being marvellous - they are - although sometimes I do have to remind myself that when things are going dreadfully wrong.

Nikki

Thanks a lot everyone, :D

Weather stayed fine for BBQ, I've remained relatively sober so now Cheryl wants me to go out on the town with her to continue to celebrate her birthday. :o

Tanner is my 2nd grandchild, Ben (Cheryls son) being the first. I am called nanny peggy (because I'm step mum) Cheryl & Tony's mum is called nana.

Tony (my stepson) lives about 2 hrs away so we are going up to visit on Monday, cheryl lives just around the corner.

Grandchildren are so great, Ben has a very special relationship with his granddad (hubby) today he said to him "granddad, you're BBQ is just the best" Aaaaah. :D

Of up the pub now xD

Peggy

Gosh! Two Peggies!  Is she as wise as you?

Maz

38616[/snapback]

I have a twin brother, Jim (and no we are not identical :o )

My mums name is also Peggy and my dads name was Jim ( dad passed away 10 yrs ago).

My brother Jim reminds me a lot of dad, and is quite wise. As for me being wise, well..Is it wise to have such a bad hangover xD:( ?

back to bed I think, thank God it's Sunday.

Peggy

News update: T.J. was born saturday 8:15 am, out and home by 5pm.

Our Son, Tony, rang us this evening, they took T.J. back to hospital today, apparently Tony noticed T.J's testicles haven't dropped. Doctor said, Maybe he's a she with a penis :o , did some checks and his gender is definately Male. (I'm not sure if the doctor was just joking, quite insensitively, or actually considered the possibility)

T.J. is home now but back to the hospital tomorrow for jaundice checks. So our visit is delayed until all the checks are done. xD

It's been 23 yrs since I had my son and I'm sure (as memories that old can be) that his testicles took a few weeks to drop, and he had to have a jaudice check before he was discharged. Is my memory wrong or is this the new fast track non service to get baby's home.

Oh the joys of parenting :D

Peggy

Hi Peggy, not too sure about the testicles (rather strange thing to type xD )but I know I had to stay an extra night with both of mine because of jaundice. There does seem to be a rush to get people home these days doesnt there? :o:D

Hope little one is ok :):)

Hope my son isn't reading over my shoulder, but he cried so hard for his first few (read inordinate number of...) months that one day we noticed 'they' had disappeared - then they came back ?? apparently, it can happen - I mean, retract and then drop again??!! :o

Sue xD