Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

A cry for help - Level 3 confirmation

Morning All,

I am in the process of migrating to Australia, and first part is having my qualifications checked my an agent. I sent them all off 2 weeks ago, and got them back last Saturday with a letter stating that the certificate I had sent for my Level 3 was not the overall certificate but confirmation of the units I have done.

Long story short, I have been in touch with City and Guilds who have said that a certificate was never issued... AHHHHHHHH!!! This was in 2002 (when I completed). I am now a manager of a setting, and have done lots of other "level 3" jobs since then, one of which is completing the foundation degree.

So, my cry for help is. If anyone completed their Level 3 in November 2002 with City and Guilds could you please tell me the amount of units that were completed. As I completed 10, and if its more - effectively I'm only a Level 2.

Thank you in advance.... stressing at the moment is an understatement.... not sure how I'd break that to my current boss, that shes employed a Level 2 manager!!

Hi Miss Red

Didn't want to just 'read and run' - so what are they saying exactly - are they actually saying that you didn't complete enough units? That's seems a little odd (to say the least) - would it be worth speaking to them again in the hope that you speak to someone more 'helpful'? If you have completed enough units - surely they can issue a certificate retrospectively........

Wishing you well with your plans for Australia - sounds very exciting.

Please come back and let us know how you get on......

I cant help I'm afraid, someone must have a record of your level 3 somewhere. I'd do what sunnyday says and ask someone else, you often get a different answer from a different person. Hope you manage to sort it out, Australia sounds very exciting, I couldnt get my hubby to move as far as Weymouth!

• Like 3

If you have a foundation degree.. is this not higher than level 3, if so why the need for evidence at level 3?

i did some training around then, but checked it was not city and guilds..

hope you enjoy the move .. my son loves it there...

Edited by Inge

Mine was City and Guilds Early Years Care and Education in 2006 - the actual certificate simply says: "The holder has a number of formal unit credits by which this award was achieved."

But I have 3 separate certificates which are "Certificate of unit credit towards NVQ Early Years Care and Education Level 3". In total there are 14 units named on these certificates.

Does that help at all?

Thank you so far for your comments.

To respond to you in order...

Sunnyday & Rea they are not saying I haven’t completed it, they just need to locate the syllabus for the time I did my level 3. It all seems very odd; I am not the kind of person to do "half a job". City and Guilds have been very helpful and I am going to call them again on Monday.

Inge, I am in the final semester of my degree and to use my degree to qualify I would have to be working a year post achieving it. Which takes me round to next June, and it will be cutting it fine as I’m not getting any younger as I turn 33 next July which is then when I lose points for my age

Devon Daisy, Thank you daisy I guess that kind of helps, but the fact you have 14 units completed and I only have 10 it doesn’t look promising.

I will keep you posted on the outcome and hopefully it will work itself out.

Would you mind either private messaging me or posting on here the units achieved so I can compare them with mine, that way I can work out the ones I may have not done.

Mine was City and Guilds Early Years Care and Education in 2006 - the actual certificate simply says: "The holder has a number of formal unit credits by which this award was achieved."

But I have 3 separate certificates which are "Certificate of unit credit towards NVQ Early Years Care and Education Level 3". In total there are 14 units named on these certificates.

Does that help at all?

Did you not have to present your full certificate when you took on your present post or when you started your foundation degree - I had to do this for both and the University and my employer kept a copy ( am wondering if this may be the case for you - or they failed to return the original ?) Can you not contact the training provider you did your level three with - they may have a record ? Good luck in your hunt - hope you can resolve this issue soon.

Hi Redjayne,

This is the question I have been asking mysef too. Yes, I did present my cerificate upon employment at my present job of which my boss clearly glanced at photocopied and put in my file.

With regards to my degree, the same. I gave them a copy but they also clearly havent checked it fully over.

I have telephoned City and Guilds and they have never issued a full cerificate, which is why i'm trying the find out the syallbus for 2002, as of course it has changed alot since then.

My orginal training provider have since destoryed all documenation relevant to when I did my Level 3.

I will contine to keep you all posted!!!

Did you not have to present your full certificate when you took on your present post or when you started your foundation degree - I had to do this for both and the University and my employer kept a copy ( am wondering if this may be the case for you - or they failed to return the original ?) Can you not contact the training provider you did your level three with - they may have a record ? Good luck in your hunt - hope you can resolve this issue soon.

I replied over the weekend with all the details, but the post would not load - so here goes again!

Provide for children's physical needs;

Promote the physical development of children;

Plan and equip environments for children;

Promote children's sensory and intellectual development;

Observe and assess the development and behaviour of children;

Plan, implement and evaluate learning activities and experiences;

Establish and maintain relationships with parents;

Plan, implement and evaluate routines for children;

Manage admissions, finance and operating systems in care and education settings;

Promote children's social and emotional development;

Provide a framework for the management of behaviour;

Promote children's language and communication development;

Contribute to the protection of children from abuse;

Care for and promote the development of babies.

Hope that helps.