Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cleaning toys

We used to clean them with the children, so often not using milton but soapy water in the water tray... then stuck a label on the box as to when last washed... tended to do one a week and that rotated them all regularly.

Once every 6 months or so someone would atke items that could go through a dishwasher or washing machine home, not having either on site, amazing how much can go through, lots of the construction items like duplo, plastic bricks, etc.. went in washing machine in a pillowcase..

dressing up was checked weekly and washed as needed..

some were washed more often than others, particularly the home corner items.

Ditto as above!

Last week of each half-term the children washed the toys in the water tray with LOTS of soapy water (3-4 year olds)

My first reaction was - probably not often enough :ph34r:xD

We tend to wash things as and when we notice it's needed.........I know that some (very organised) people keep a list.........super idea but not sure I can make/take any more list making :blink: xDxDxD

Just read other replies again and have realised that Inge is one of those very organised people :1b

• Like 1

My first reaction was - probably not often enough :ph34r:xD

We tend to wash things as and when we notice it's needed.........I know that some (very organised) people keep a list.........super idea but not sure I can make/take any more list making :blink: xDxDxD

Just read other replies again and have realised that Inge is one of those very organised people :1b

Not sure I am that organised,no list but did find a simple label on a box with a date on it highlighted when it was last washed..made it clear to everyone being all part time staff, and no one really had to think about remembering to clean if it was one day a week... became part of the routine..

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)