Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Progress Wheel

I run a Pre-school and would be interested to hear how other practitioners complete the progress wheel - do you do just one for the whole year? or one for each term?

I am looking at how to improve and hopefully cut down paperwork so any help or advise would be very appreciated.

:D

Many thanks

Hello Delia. I didn't want to read and run so I am wondering if you could explain what you use as your 'progress wheel' at pesent. It may not be a term people are using for the tracking of children through their learning, hence the lack of replies.

Hi Della

Welcome and congratulations on making your first post :D

Are you referring to the Essex progress wheel? Are you in an Essex setting? If you are then let me know and I can help you to access the Essex LA forum areas where they have been discussing the progress wheel.

Best wishes

Sue

I found a progress wheel downloaded by a setting on here which we use - and I must add we are in essex, but prefer this wheel!! We find the essex one a bit messy :o

It was on a settings website I think 'Kid allowed' ? We use this wheel- and give acknowledgement on the paperwork as to where we sourced it from.

We use one wheel for the whole time the child is with us.

[someone may come along later and provide a link :1b ]

xx

Edit to say - we have adapted it slightly to suit us [but still with original acknowledgment].

Edited by louby loo

Hi everyone thank you so much for your replies, I am already using the progress wheel but was told that some pre-schools have

divided these up into 4 sections and only complete one per child yearly. Was interested to see if anyone else does this and how its

actually done. I am in Essex so am using the one provided by them.

Thanks again :1b

Hi everyone thank you so much for your replies, I am already using the progress wheel but was told that some pre-schools have

divided these up into 4 sections and only complete one per child yearly. Was interested to see if anyone else does this and how its

actually done. I am in Essex so am using the one provided by them.

Thanks again :1b

We use a colour per term, on the same wheel.

We have a six colour key - Therefore 1 wheel will last the whole of childs time at preschool.

Oh I see- Thank you Louby loo- we use a colour code for the different ages, but have been using one per term which is a lot of paper and

work for us all, so thank you for your input.Very much appreciated I will see if I can implement this for us.

:1b

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)