Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Murder!

sunnyday

Love it sunnyday....if only we could speak what was in the thought bubble in our heads lol

Unfortunately, I do - in a way; I'm like an open book! :( Last week a parent changed her child's session times to tie in with her volunteer work in KS2. Instead of arriving to collect her son at 11.45 a.m. she came at 12.15 p.m. after apparently chatting in the staff room; I jumped to the wrong conclusion and assumed that she thought she could collect her son to tie in with school times (which run 15 mins later than nursery), so the look on my face said it all when she walked through the door! She said that as soon as she saw my face, she knew that she was late (I didn't need to say a word, apparently!! :D). But on a serious note, I SO wish I wasn't so easy to read and that I could hide my feelings more easily - I was totally out of order. :( Anyone have any tips?

Unfortunately, I do - in a way; I'm like an open book! :( Last week a parent changed her child's session times to tie in with her volunteer work in KS2. Instead of arriving to collect her son at 11.45 a.m. she came at 12.15 p.m. after apparently chatting in the staff room; I jumped to the wrong conclusion and assumed that she thought she could collect her son to tie in with school times (which run 15 mins later than nursery), so the look on my face said it all when she walked through the door! She said that as soon as she saw my face, she knew that she was late (I didn't need to say a word, apparently!! :D). But on a serious note, I SO wish I wasn't so easy to read and that I could hide my feelings more easily - I was totally out of order. :( Anyone have any tips?

Yes I am like that as well. And I tend to let things mount up and then get a bit flustered when it gets too much. Strangely nobody ever thinks that maybe it would have been nice not to just ignore me until I got flustered.

Guest lou73

Oh so true.......I had one recently that made my blood boil. They did not return the parents evening slip till the day they were being returned and expected to get the time they wanted! Which I managed after juggling appointments around......On the day she phoned and said she could not make and then expected me to fit her in on another day!!!! Honestly I don't have anything else to do apart from pander to parents wishes!!!!!!!! fume

Actually had a parent ask me this evening at a social function if we are open Good Friday as there's been no information about holidays......it's on a bl**dy 4 feet square notice board on the outside of the building right next to entrance door in 3" letters for the last 3 weeks....the exact wording being 'last day of term thurs 28th march, Easter holiday begins Fri 30th march' as well as on a newsletter last week, the website and fb page......maybe I should walk up and down the high street wearing a billboard ggggrrrrrrrrr

• Like 3

My day?? Parent arrives just as her son is clearly squeezing out a poo ( nappies so all ok)................she turned to me and said 'oh would you mind changing that..........oh and I don't have any spare nappies with me'...........I'm thinking yes ma'am, of course ma'am..........and take child to change nappy.......mum actually followed me in and watched me change him!! She then asked if I use 'good baby wipes' as her son has a tendency to sore bottoms.....'only i notice you have Huggies and some cheap Tesco ones?'......I said, 'yup, I keep the cheap ones for the poor folk and cleaning; my favourites get the Huggies'...............her face was an absolute picture and I am waiting for this to jump up and bite my bum, but honestly................

• Like 7

You have got me going now sunnyday. I have children that are toilet trained in pre-school but not at home.When children show an inclination to use the toilet throughout the session I ask parents to put them in underwear. They are doing what I ask but they go in the adults toilets and take nappy off before they come in then put it back on when they collect them. Its so confusing for the children.Never mind.

We have had this too! The child attends two settings and used the toilet with us and not at home or the other setting :-(

Room for a small one in that cell?? We had a cake sale recently and parents donated cakes their children had made to be sold for charity, all was going well until one of the parents arrived ten mins from the end and got cross that all her childs cake had been sold because she wanted to take a bit for her daughters lunch so she didn't have to buy someone elses cake. I smiled through gritted teeth saying how it had helped raise money for charity!

We have a good half hour of opening doors in the morning to parents who don't come on time and at the end of session another half hour of them standing around chatting whilst we try to clear up around them. It's not complicated we open at blah and close at blah so try and get your backsides here on time please!! Feel like saying "Perhaps tomorrow my staff and I should turn up half hour late or go home half hour early" see how that goes down

• Like 1

It's ridiculous, our job would be so much easier without parents! I have had one post on Facebook this evening that 'one of the teachers' has told her that her blankie is just for babies. Hmm. This is the same parent who tries to convince me, and the whole of Facebook that her 3 year old is reading, multiplying etc. and is a big grown up girl, so can she move up into the next group please?