Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Free Flow PVC blind

I am a teacher in a small EYFS classroom which gets very cold when the door is open for free flow. We are thinking on buying PVC door curtains, designed especially to solve this problem. Has anyone already got these and can recommend them? What are the pros and cons? Is it still possible to see the children clearly, as the learn outside

Thank you

• Like 1

The Reception class i volunteer in has just had one installed, it's fab for keeping the cold out - one negative is that the strips are quite heavy, the children deal with it with no bother, it's the adults that struggle as usually we are carrying something and the strips knock things out of your hands unless you hold on very tightly xD

I bought and installed my own from TTS. We have it from the playroom to the all weather area and from there to the outside space and its made a huge difference to the amount of cold air and draughts entering the playroom, its side effact has been to slow the children down when running between rooms.It is easy to take down and clean and we remove them during the warmer weather, roll them up and store ready for the winter

We have the TTS ones and they are great for keeping the room warm when the door is open for free flow play. They can be a pain when trying to carry paintings etc through door but easy to wipe down.

Lol! They can look quite pretty with paint, glue and glitter all over them as well as snot, mud and sand!

• 4 weeks later...

This all sounds very positive :-)

The only thing stopping me is its saying for outward opening doors..and ours opens in over!! Does anyone else's and is it an issue?? Or do you attach on the outside instead?

This all sounds very positive :-)

The only thing stopping me is its saying for outward opening doors..and ours opens in over!! Does anyone else's and is it an issue?? Or do you attach on the outside instead?

simple answer is yes!- we have one inward and one outward

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)