Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Today in Parliament

Guest cathy m

i listened between those times but the discussions were all about womens rights and standing up for women in countries like Afganistan. All extremely interesting but not what I thought it would be about.

I caught bits of it, which were mostly about the childminding agencies and how they are going to be paid for, inspected and monitored.

You can still access it, although I don't know for how long.

If you follow the link given by Cathy, and then choose the date, then go down to 'Committees', which is just below 'house of Lords', ( it was on at about 11.00am). The title is

HoC Children and Families Bill Committee - Boothroyd Room.

It was on for about 45 mins I think.

i was very interested in Lucy Powell's comments about networks becoming agencies. I've been in contact with a school friend in Australia who has left childminding to work for her local government agency (not private). she thinks it has improved professionalism and profile of family day care as childminding is known there. Am interested that Ms Truss has used the Australian example but it is very different from what she is proposing. i have always tried to remain unpolitical, but can not help but think this whole business is a cynical, money grabbing attempt to 'liberate' taxes into the waiting coffers of Cameron's school mates.

getting off my soapbox.

Honey

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)