Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Policies

Hi

I have recently been on a course where Policies and Procedures were discussed. We were given a list of those that were recommended to keep. We have all of them plus more - but I must admit that we haven't got these.

Food Poisoning

Involving and Consulting with Childrem

Supporting Transitions

Intimate Care

Visitors

Bullying

What policy do you put Visitors into? Do I really need a policy just for visitors? We have a notice that says all visitors must sign in the Visitors Book and in the Collection of Children policy it covers "unknown persons" collecting or visiting.

I don't have a "Bullying" Policy as I don't actually like the word "Bully" to refer to children aged 2-4. I include inappropriate behaviour in our Achieving Positive Behaviour policy.

Can anyone help with any of these please and point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

Sue J

Hi

I have recently been on a course where Policies and Procedures were discussed. We were given a list of those that were recommended to keep. We have all of them plus more - but I must admit that we haven't got these.

Food Poisoning

Involving and Consulting with Childrem

Supporting Transitions

Intimate Care

Visitors

Bullying

What policy do you put Visitors into? Do I really need a policy just for visitors? We have a notice that says all visitors must sign in the Visitors Book and in the Collection of Children policy it covers "unknown persons" collecting or visiting.

I don't have a "Bullying" Policy as I don't actually like the word "Bully" to refer to children aged 2-4. I include inappropriate behaviour in our Achieving Positive Behaviour policy.

Can anyone help with any of these please and point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

Sue J

From memeory I think we have:

Bullying in behaviour management

Visitors in securit

Supporting transitions in Key Person

Food poisening might get a mention in Health and Hygeine (in our kitchen bit)

Intimate care gets a mention in special needs (not sure why its there)

and as for involving and consulting children we are doing that all day nad every day; do we need a policy for this??

I hope this helps :1b

• Like 1

We're about to review a lot of ours but I've got this, I think from a link on here, its what we're going to plan our review around.

I would just have a procedure for allowing visitors into the setting, not a policy as such.

Bullying could also refer to the way adults treat each other too, my old boss was a bully, too many years ago to have a policy in place unfortunately!

Records- policies and notification requirements of the Early Years Register.pdf

Im a child minder and a few years ago decided I needed a visitors book ( I later found out that I didnt need one after all)

One day my dad, who Id been reunited with after 32yrs, came to visit so signed in the book. Meeting my dad had caused huge problems with my mum, who was not happy about it at all.

Guess who was next to sign in the book............mum! This caused a bit of a row so I threw the book in the bin and havent used one since! Ha ha.