Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

some days are really hard!

finleysmaid

Sunnyday- we have in last couple of weeks have a child start with an epi pen and an existing child be prescribed one. Our insurance company would not accept our epi pen training as it was done four years ago- it is now recommended to do every three years SO- after taking mouthfuls of abuse and practically being called a liar by the existing childs parent when I said he had to stay with his son and that it would take time to get training- honestly he could seem to get the concept of insurance. I ended up saying to him would you take passengers in your car with no insurance, but I can show you how to use it he kept saying? DUH!!

Anyway- long story short, I did an online course last week (recommended by PSLA and accepted by insurance) run by the Anaphylaxis Campaign. Cost me, £20 membership fee & £17 for the course but it's done now and the alternative was waiting until mid May. Nowhere now does it in our area, I have done this training 3 times over the last 10 years and each time a nurse came from the childs GPs- however that doesn't seem to happen now. Unfortunately I am still waiting for the certificate to come through so it's not yet been of any use and I am still in the doghouse with the parent who has to stay with his son (but wont, so said child isn't currently attending!)

• Like 1