Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

things are looking up

lashes2508

as many of you know staffing has been a bit of an issue for me and I was starting to feel quite despondent as no applicants - then today 2 one of whom I have already called and seems so passionate and enthusiastic and then another from a male - yes you read that right - a male -wow! who has good qualifications and sounds good on paper so phone call to be made - fingers crossed :D

hoolahoney feel free to apply - nothing better than having a choice -

You're near me Lashes, well Essex, didn't know there was a job going ;) Hope you find someone perfect for the role

Hope they work out, do you need 2 or will you have to decide between them? Thats the worst!

well we advertised one post but i think I need 2 staff as one is for deputy role and another level 3 at least then i may get the occasional day off - just want to build a really strong team, long term.

Get them both in for a trial

yes i always invite applicants in for an initial informal visit so we both get a chance to see how it feels and then follow with interview

Lucky you, I have had no replies yet, so may have to put an add in the local paper.

only happened today doris darling - we either get inexperienced or not enough hours or applicants too far away - I was really despondent at 9 am and then it changed - I have advertised on here , essex early years website and indeed.co.uk - we can't really afford paper advert as so expensive - hope someone comes along for you too

Not really.

We were advertising for maternity cover so we knew we wouldnt necessarily get committed people but even so, the choices were pretty low. We didnt interview all of them, cant remember the number. We had a level 1, two childminders one of which said some very strange stuff, after 10 minutes she declared when asked what she would do if the manager was seen to smack a child 'oh but I know yo now, I know you wouldnt do that' :huh: The other one wanted to work for us because she was still building her childminding business. We also had someone who trained as a TA but she sounded too structured for us. We ended with a lovely girl who works evenings with the elderly, so she didnt really match what we wanted but she is fab and a lot of what she knows transfers to early years.

Its not an easy process is it? And now our manager ants to step down and pass on the reins to someone else!! :blink:

:o So you could be going back to work? ;) :rolleyes: xD

:o :o :oxD :lol: xD :lol: Never, never, never.. Oh good grief, you shouldnt scare me with even a hint of me working. I'm very happy pottering thank you very much.

Gosh, I'm shocked and have palpitations now :blink:

:o :o :oxD :lol: xD :lol: Never, never, never.. Oh good grief, you shouldnt scare me with even a hint of me working. I'm very happy pottering thank you very much.

Gosh, I'm shocked and have palpitations now :blink:

xD :lol: xD :blink: oops sorry - have a nice calming cuppa! :1b