Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Where in development matters?

We have a couple of children who have just learnt how to do threading. I can't see where in the development matters i could link this too? I was thinking physical development due to the use of fine motor skills but can't find anything linked to threading!

Where would you put threading?

Physical - fine motor - just because it's not on the list doesn't mean you can't put it in the area you know it needs to be! If they were naming colours or counting the things threaded it could also slot into maths or possibly expressive arts and design if the threading is maybe representing a necklace or a snake etc. Also if they have stuck at it and used skills to master it then it covers some of the COL for motivation and problem solving too.

• Like 1

Ooh well done your children! They are always so pleased when they learn this skill...we always end up with lots of necklaces! I'd be thinking PD too (and def comment on CoEL...love to see the perseverance in overcoming frustrations!) ; I'm finding some things have disappeared during the revision grr!

Can I ask how old they are?

And what else other than necklaces/jewellery could be made? Think I may be missing the obvious!

Allsorts Gingerbread - our children make snakes and worms, fences for the small world animals, crowns/headbands ( sort of jewellery I suppose) , and will measure things with the threading - not always necklaces made. They also like doing repeating patterns with the beads.

• Like 1

On a roll...Pinterest!

Grape caterpillar kebabs. http://princessandthefrogblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/grape-caterpillar-kebobs.html

Do you think they'd work with half grapes as we don't use whole ones for choking avoidance

This has potential for direction following

http://media-cache-ec5.pinterest.com/originals/80/29/05/802905a880bd68dac0a07e6a2d08af76.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)