Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted inspection

Hi yes we have 2nd week back in the new term. The things I would say from my own experience this time is, they will choose at least two children to observe. They will then look at child's records as well as discussions with their key person. If you haven't a SEF ensure you have an action plan highlighting time frames for changes to your provision if any needed.

The biggest advice I can give anybody is do what you always do, show your strengths, this is really your opportunity to shine.

Good luck everybody expecting one, it really wasn't that bad honest.:)

• Like 1

We had ours this week and very similar to Fredbear. Very focussed on the children, what they were doing and what staff were doing. She chose 2 children in the pre-school room and 2 in the toddler, tracked them, spoke to key person and looked at learning journeys and next steps. She spent a lot of time observing in the baby room too making sure that activities and what they were doing were age appropriate, I needed to know their age in months immediately. We have only been open 4 and a half months so our setting improvement plan was very up to date, I hadn't got round to doing my sef online but I did have a paper copy which she took away. She was keen on tracking, something that I'd not got round to sorting which perhaps I would have if she'd come at 6 months as getting PRAMS up and running is on my list of things to do!

our inspector chose a child whose parent she had spoken to before coming into the hall and a child with english as an additional language. Similarly she spoke to the key person, at their learning journeys, next steps etc. Also asked how we track that different groups of children don't fall behind such as boys and EAL. Emphasis on supervision and coaching as well. She wasn't interested in paperwork as such - looked at our improvement plan though.

• 2 weeks later...

ofsted yesterday...focused on a couple of children, asked 3 staff where we felt child was regarding eyfs stage, luckily we all gave same answer, very focused on next steps being easily recognisable in LJ,s (but from reading some of same inspectors previous reports thats obviously their thing) all seemed very rushed, but didnt arrive to late, spoke a fair bit about it not being acceptable under new eyfs for committees or owners to say 'we employ the manager too'. looked at hard copy of sef as my submitted 3 months ago one hadnt been forwarded to her :/

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)