Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mind has gone blank!

Ok I know I've had plenty of time to think of new ideas for the next few weeks but the old brain box has switched off over the break :huh: !

I really need inspiration - something a bit different to get us all off to a super start to the New Year. Yes I know that there are some lovely topic ideas already posted on this site but just after something new/fresh to fire up the little grey cells.

Any thoughts/suggestions very welcome. Please rescue me I need help :unsure:.

We're going with room on the broom in order to kick things off, as a few will have seen it over Christmas. Hopefully this will send out some good 'side branches' we can play with, not the least of which will be mud monsters!!!

• Like 1

We re going to start with Noah,s ark, just doing some planning now and there is am awful lot of things that can branch off from that and lots to ignite the children's interest.

Cait - snap we are looking at room on the broom as they showed an interest in it as we were doing the Gruffalo. Have you anything planned/ We have ordered 'What's in the witches kitchen' by Nick Sharratt to accompany it also. Although an eyebrow was raised from one Grandparent who is Catholic and who didn't look happy when I mentioned that Room on the Broom was on over Christmas and it might be good to watch as we were going to be reading the book after Christmas... something I will have to consider getting around (though not on my broom ;) )

Thanks for your thoughts so far. Think I might go with the flow over the next few days and see where the children's interests take us. Room on the broom does sound different so may be we all get swept along? :)

I will be going with the flow too, but with a loose theme around 'machines'. Many of the boys have a real interest in motorbikes, so my brother has agreed to bring in one of his 'biggest, baddest, noisiest' bikes! I am also planning to let them look under the bonnet of my car, look at the wheels, the boot and talk about the numbers and letters on the number plate.

After machines on the road we will think about machines in the home ... ... and see where that leads us.

Happy New Year everyone!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)