Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Changing registration/numbers of children

My Early Years Advisor has been in to measure my setting and we are looking to increase numbers as we have the physical space and facilities to do this. I understand under the new EYFS we are able to do this without the whole process of paperwork to Ofsted and visits etc, as long as we can show we can justify this and have given it due regard, but does anybody know if we have to notify Ofsted - and how we go about this ?

You could send an email, that way you have a copy in writing which has date and time of sending. Then you get a response which is also in writing too.

Failing that, wait till your next inspection and show them all the overwork then!

I'd be inclined to notify them though, then you have covered all bases.

...As providers are now able to make their own decisions regarding changes to conditions of registration, it will be up to the provider to make sure that they have the relevant risk assessments in place and also have followed any relevant EYFS requirements...

It is still a requirement of the EYFS that the provider informs us of any changes to their conditions of registration, but they no longer have to wait for Ofsted’s permission to put these changes into place.

Yes you do, thi sis part of an email in request about overnight care by Chucklingteresa

...As providers are now able to make their own decisions regarding changes to conditions of registration, it will be up to the provider to make sure that they have the relevant risk assessments in place and also have followed any relevant EYFS requirements...

It is still a requirement of the EYFS that the provider informs us of any changes to their conditions of registration, but they no longer have to wait for Ofsted’s permission to put these changes into place.