Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Gosh, what an opportunity! NOT

Rea

An email I received today. Made me laugh so much I had to share...

Hello,

I write to you as a fundraiser, presuming that you are already actively seeking funding, or could use additional funds; if you're not the right person, do pass on to the relevant soul, or delete as you see fit. Now, I'd like to ask the following question:

How much time do you spend looking for new funders?

The business world and the statutory sector use a variety of tools to source new business, yet we in the charity sector rarely look to systematically find new potential donors.

The Trust List is a monthly publication, sent directly to your inbox. We provide details on every grant maker that registers in England and Wales in the preceding month. Not only that, we provide prospect research on the big ones and highlight keywords to help you quickly find the ones that are right for you.

We list only new grant making organisations, around 70-90 per month, or over 1,000 a year. Getting in early can mean the difference between a long standing partnership and being lost in the crowd.

I'm conscious that the Immanuel Pre-School Playgroup specifically focuses on education and would highlight just two trusts that have registered recently that might be of interest:

The Forward Internet Group Foundation's founder is estimated to be worth over £60m and is specifically interested in helping young people with tough lives to secure a productive livelihood.

The Big Change Charitable Trust was recently set up by the daughter of Richard Branson to support young people, "inspiring them to achieve the impossible and providing the tools for a better tomorrow".

We appreciate that you're probably very busy and don't always have time to find new funders, let us do it for you!

Our subscribers receive privileged information about newly registered trusts every month; no searching, no databases, just new trusts straight to your in-box. All this for just £25 per month.

So why not sign up for a three month trial ( £75 + VAT )?

Email us for a free no obligation sample.

Now, I may not always be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I can see a flaw! xD

• Like 2

I think you should reply saying that you'd love to take him up on this kind offer, but that you'd rather put your faith into the nice man from Nigeria who has just told you about your setting's $3 million fund and is helping you to release.

• Like 5

I think you should reply saying that you'd love to take him up on this kind offer, but that you'd rather put your faith into the nice man from Nigeria who has just told you about your setting's $3 million fund and is helping you to release.

Love it!!! xD :lol: xD

Brilliant Maz, I might just do that! xD :lol:

Ok here it is...

Dear Stuart, thank you for your interest in our business. I have been advised however, to inform you we will not be taking up your offer, we prefer to put our faith in the kind man from Nigeria who promises to release our £3million windfall as soon as we give him our bank details and PIN.

Kind Regards

Chair of Charity Committee

Edited by Rea
  • Like 7

Brilliant Maz, I might just do that! xD :lol:

Ok here it is...

Dear Stuart, thank you for your interest in our business. I have been advised however, to inform you we will not be taking up your offer, we prefer to put our faith in the kind man from Nigeria who promises to release our £3million windfall as soon as we give him our bank details and PIN.

Kind Regards

Chair of Charity Committee

xD :lol: xD :lol: xD :lol: xD :lol: xD :lol: xD :lol: xD :lol: xD

Rea i'm ready to go,had my wish list ready and just thought i would ask and hey presto so just got to send proforma off , we were fortunate to have a substantial donation and now means we don't have to dip into other funds to get it - i'm so excited :D we have chosen assortment of colours - heather, green and campanula wanted to get away from red and blue. we are getting a new trolley too. so will have more money to spend on bookcase :rolleyes: