Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

STARTING POINT

Hi everyone,

just need a bit of guidance regarding starting point information on entry to pre-school for me to complete with a parent. We currently do 'all about me' booklets which go into the front of a child's learning journey which parents complete about family, likes, dislikes, favourite foods, and any other information etc, but feel we need to have some sort of on entry questionnaire (for want of a better word) to complete (with a parent rather than getting them to take home, so we can discuss with them why we need to know).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this too Finlaysmaid! I have been struggling all week to find a suitable and easy to understand type of form that parents and I can complete together as we are apparantly supposed to hold a sort of "interview" with them now - another time consuming thing for us to do!

Thanks for this too Finlaysmaid! I have been struggling all week to find a suitable and easy to understand type of form that parents and I can complete together as we are apparantly supposed to hold a sort of "interview" with them now - another time consuming thing for us to do!

No problem sue v ...we have done this for some time, i tend to do the parent stuff while the kay carer plays with the child ...by the time i'm finished the child is usually ready to stay and the parent ready to go.Although some of my introductions are cut short by parents wanting to dump and run quickly :( some can be quite lengthy and one for twins this term turned into a 2 hour meeting!! xD

.Although some of my introductions are cut short by parents wanting to dump and run quickly :( some can be quite lengthy and one for twins this term turned into a 2 hour meeting!! xD

OH YES! some parents don't seem to grasp that they can't bring their little one and go!....but on the otherhand....some need a 'gentle' nudge to go because they hang around when the best thing sometimes is to say 'bye, see you later'!

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)