Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Christmas Hamper

Guest terrydoo73

Guest terrydoo73

As part of our fundraising strategy we are going to have tea towels printed with the children's hand prints on them. To launch these we are having a coffee evening with home made goodies on sale as well as a raffle for a Christmas Hamper. We have also booked a few craft stall holders who will be charged per stall. I need help with organising our Hamper. We want to ask parents to supply items to put into the hamper for example kitchen foil, cling film, tins of food etc. Anyone do this before and could suggest a list of items to post in our foyer for parents to tick off that they will provide these etc. We want to put it out after half term so that people are not running around at the last minute to get items.

Never done that Terrydoo, but it sounds like a really good idea.

How about vouchers for a local shop so you can buy fresh stuff closer to the date too?

Jars of mincemeat, olives, pickles, speciality coffee, pack of stuffing, chocolates, crackers, christmas pudding, custard, party poppers, biscuits.

I might add this to the agenda for our next meeting :1b :1b

Great idea, we do this and Rea has come up with a great list. Another thing we do is have a turkey voucher, as we are very lucky to have my hubby as a meat salesmen. Then it's collected after the raffle, might be worth asking your local butchers for support. Wishing you every success with this.:)

we did this every year.. and had a raffle to win it... worked really well

include all sorts of things.. tea, coffee, Christmas pudding, crackers, (savoury and Christmas ones) stuffing, tins of salmon, nuts, wine,sherry or spirits, mints, tin fruit, evaporated milk.

We did a letter with a few suggestions on it , put a basket out and let people donate.. some could afford very little, others more... so left it to them to see what was there and add something..

• Like 1

We have always done this for both Pre-school and the PTA. We do a list and then ask people to choose what they want and if there are still spaces we then allocate items to people. We do this at Christmas (its that word again) and for the summer fayre when we do the same but for a BBQ hamper. We then sell lucky squares and make a load of money for no work. :D ::1a

Wine, cranberry sauce, stuffing, chocolates, biscuits, christmas cake, napkins, candles, nuts, dates, lemonade, coke, Box of Crackers, etc etc Sure I am forgetting a load of stuff, will try and find my list.

We do hampers every year, we also put up a list of suggested items for our families to bring in. If you have a wine merchants near you they often have wooden boxes, they donated boxes and we lined with gingham. It is really easy and the hampers look professional. On our list we leave spaces for our families own idea on what to donate. We also do a child's activity hamper alongside the adult ones that have art things paper etc again we put up a suggested list for the parents.

Guest terrydoo73

Under Minimum Standard 3 of the recently published standards for NI it states "alcohol is not permitted on the premises" so unfortunately we cannot ask for any wine hampers!

Thank you for all your suggestions. I am not sure how to approach this as my Deputy says we should try and allocate a small budget for each parent and then match the items for the hamper to that budget but how could you really do this? I think a simple list in the hallway and if a parent decides on that they sign or initial the item to say they are getting it would be sufficient?? I know this might lead to problems where some people get more than others but then how can you do anything about this as some don't want to be bothered and others cannot afford too much?

I was thinking of other prizes for the draw and thought of maybe a box of Celebration sweets say and a fruit hamper. We are given a small allowance from Tesco which coudl cover the sweets and if people contributed with fruit then we could make up the fruit basket ourselves - what do you think? Any other suggestions for prizes.

Just found out today that there is another event on on the same night as ours so don't know whether to change the date or what.

I'd ask them for wine anyway and you don't have to have it in setting. You could take a photo & put it in hamper or save the wine for staff after last session of the term. We always have a glass of wine with our lunch after the playgroup Christmas party ( or maybe two or three)

• Like 2

Hi not sure Miacat3 I would feel comfortable asking for wine for a hamper and then sit and guzzle it as staff after the event. Our parents do look out for what they have donated so how would you get round that.

There are plenty of other items you can put on your list if alcohol is not an option for you. Good luck with whatever you decide.:)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)