Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Recruitment advice re Supervisor/Assistant Supervisor roles

We are currently recruiting both a new Supervisor and Assistant/Deputy Supervisor to our small, friendly Peak District village pre-school. Does anyone have any advice for recruitment advertising on a small budget? We have already approached local universities/colleges, used Jobseekers, gumtree, mumsnet and the Sheffield Forum and are poster-campaigning the local area.

Our pre-school has new and reinvigorated management committee and the new appointees will play a vital role in helping to shape the future of the pre-school, so it's important that we do all we can to attract motivated and committed candidates. Exciting times... (recruitment ad attached for infoRecruitment Poster.pdf

Welcome to the forum :D ::1a

Thats a lovely poster. Are you saying you havent had much response? We recently advertised in the local primary school's newsletter at no cost, for someone to cover maternity leave and today interviewed 4 people and ended up taking someone on, although given the money I wanted one of the other interviewees too.

Possibly, no-one wants travel for just 3 mornings. Maybe the person you need is right there in your village, an advert in the local shops, GP surgery, clubs might do the trick. :1b

lovely poster - we always advertise in local shops , library anywhere that is free . we also advertise in local paper and free ad papers that are delivered to people.

could you do flyers to give out to the parents of children who attend your group -they might want the jobs but could know someone who does.

Oh, I do hope you get the right applicants!

I know your lovely village quite well, being an enthusiastic walker from not too far away (just north of Nottingham, D H Lawrence country) - if travel were easier I mght be tempted out of retirement myself!! (well, maybe not just yet - ;) )

Good luck,

Sue

• 4 weeks later...

great poster - we are still looking :( all our applicants have very little experience but have level 3's - already have 2 younger members of staff so need that experienced committed enthusiastic person to join us - just seems to be noone out there- well not in my area sadly.Good luck x