Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

grant based on staff qualifications

Is anyone already being paid NEG grant based on staff qualification criteria. Just found out there are plans to start this in my area and to pay two year old rate at the same rate as three year olds.

Edited by Guest

Er.. Worcestershire Early years quality improvement support programme Rating ... depending on our % we can access NEF funding. This year for the first time, we get a % for having a graduate leader or EYP (or not in our case!) We're still ok as its also based on Ofsted grade, attending certain training and taking part in ECERS audit.

• Like 2

Our funding is based on staff qualification. Off the top of my head I think we get £3.10 if highest staff is level 3, £3.30 level 4, £3.50 level 5/6 and £3.70 QTS/EYPS. That rate is paid for the first 24 children then they look at the next highest qualification and that is paid for the next 24 (althought for us it is the next 8).

Edited by Jeany

Thank you to eveyone for your information. I have managed to find the agenda for schools forum meeting which is happening soon. They are also planning to pay two years in the same way as three year olds. Might be worth everyone keeping an eye on their local school forum for the next few months.

• 2 weeks later...

We all get the same funding per child but are then paid an additional amount depending on qualification

It's a huge difference; off the top of my head it's

£750 for a Level 4

£5000 for L5/6

We've had this extra paid for a couple of years now but this could well be the last year we get it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)