Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Classroom Music

Hello again everyone

I don't know how everyone else feels but I love having music on in my classroom. I'm new to the eyfs but would have thought that music here would work well too. When I worked in the 'key stages' I played a lot of classical music and old CDs that I found in the depths of 'the cupboard'. However there are no CDs in my new cupboard and wondered if anyone could advise me on some good CDs or music to play? I've heard a few people talking about snack time songs and tidy up songs. Does anyone know where I can find these as they sound brilliant!!

J :)

I would have thought classical music would be just as great with the younger children as it was with your older ones.....I think the more varied the music the children hear the better although in a practical sense instrumentals may be better than songs with lyrics in some cases.

Having said that in the setting I worked it was great when the children were all tidying up singing the tidy up song. I am sure someone will ba along soon with a CD title but if you search Tidy up song on Amazon you can listen to a preview of them using the MP3 versions and then choose the one you like best.

Have fun

.Mission Impossible for 'tidy up' time! :1b

this sounds brilliant!!!

just got myself a mortgage so was looking for songs that i could easily play from youtube or find free downloads lol this fits perfectly :)

Thank you for all your ideas - when we get our new school budget i'll certainly look to invest in some CD's

J :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)