Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

My Son..... Arrgghhh!

ForestFlo

My son started school last week. First day fantastic, 2nd and 3rd day had to drag him kicking and screaming. Fourth day fine again. Then its the weekend so today was once again awful. He has been like this since a baby - he can be very agressive (was a head banger when he was a baby,then a biter, now he'll have uncontrollable tantrums) he also hates not being in control. He did the exact same thing when I settled him into pre-school.

Today I had to force him into the car, carry him to school and hand him to the TA, in that time I was punched, screamed kicked and scratched.

I know he'll be fine and that soon he'll settle, he realised very quickly he had to go to school everyday and he doesnt like it. Within 5 minutes everyday of leaving him, he's fine, ironically he actually really loves school. I know I just have to continue doing what Im doing but I just needed to go ARRGGGHHHH - its so emotionally exhausting and draining!

rant over

Kxx

Thinking of you both my sons (big now) did this to me so I know where your coming from its a great heart ache!!! Although we know they are ok we can't stop thinking about them all day I believe ITS CALLED REAL LOVE!! and yes emotionally exhausting and draining! Love is!

On the funny side my eldest is waiting for his first child to be born and says its going to be an angel watch this space I hope its good but think there is a good chance it will do the same to them!!

Big Sue

• Like 3

Thinking of you both my sons (big now) did this to me so I know where your coming from its a great heart ache!!! Although we know they are ok we can't stop thinking about them all day I believe ITS CALLED REAL LOVE!! and yes emotionally exhausting and draining! Love is!

On the funny side my eldest is waiting for his first child to be born and says its going to be an angel watch this space I hope its good but think there is a good chance it will do the same to them!!

Big Sue

Oh yes - then you can smile and think 'that's divine justice' :1b

• Like 1

I had one like that, but it happened at least once during every year he was at the school. I've carried him to school horizontal while he's grabbed at every available hedge, tree, gate post and doorway and been left sweating and breathless. Luckily I wasnt in early years then, so that took some of the strain away. Fun, fun, fun :D

• Like 2

I don't have my own children but have every sympathy. I watched as my little ones got progressively tireder and more reluctant to come to school last week. Then today one mum was settling her little boy and said to me: "he's just realised he has to come every day for another whole week!"

My sister's eldest starts tomorrow. We've just been on the phone having a long chat so my fingers are crossed all goes well for her (and him of course!)

• Like 1

Oh how I can sympathise!!! my DD was just like that, she would get it into her head she wasnt going and I would have to drag her in, this went on all through primary school. I used to tuck her under my arm and hand her to the teacher screaming and kicking. she was fine 10 mins later! She still had an odd day or two at senior school when she'd not go in and nothing would change her mind!

sorry is that too bleak?, I'm sure it was because she was one of the clever bunnies!

Now lots of A* and off to uni doing medical biochemistry, so there is hope.

( and again I'll be sobbing in the schoolyard having to leave her)

• Like 2

Lol thank you all. Makes me feel much better hearing others stories of man-handling their children to school. :ph34r: Its true I feel that as a teacher and nursery practitioner I think you do find it harder as it does feel like youre being judged, however it does just strengthen my resolve that I am handling this in the right way. Daddy is doing school drop off today and tomorrow, Im off to uni and work, so quite relieved to have a break from it. Mummys day off! Although I have promised to put my sons socks on before I go (now thats a whole other story of tantrums!)

Kx

• Like 1

It is always hard trying to work out the best way for all, but you do at least know and understand the way he is behaving is not going to last all day and not hang around waiting for him to stop which often causes them to create even more, with mum as an audience.. and a change in person can often break the cycle, .. I always took it to be that it is to remind you they want to stay with mum rather than someone else..

and then there are the parents on the other side who are equally upset when little Jonny runs into school, without a backward glance and gets on with it...