Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Elizabeth Truss Is Now Mp For Early Years Education

Guest lucyevans

Guest lucyevans

The MP who started the de-regulation of childminders debate is now MP for Early Years following the cabinet re-shuffle today!

Edited by lucyevans

I have had several email communications with Ms Truss - and have read her paper Affordable Quality.

I am very worried now she the Early Years MP - that she will push ahead with these ideas without proper consultations.

I hope she does listen to those who do know - those who are early years practitioners and experts in the field.

To help ensure Ms. Truss and the government do listen please consider signing the petition against deregulation

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/uk-government-reject-proposals-to-deregulate-childminders

and if you feel able to please pass on to everyone you know - you do not have to be childminder to sign. Parents, general public, anyone and everyone should consider signing if they care about the future of Early Years and the safeguarding of children

Thanks for link dottyp, interesting, if quite a few worrying elements......if child minding ratios change (which I'm sure many are capable of looking after more children to a very high standard) they can cut hourly rates and where could this leave nurseries, preschools etc ? Or keep rates the same and be on double the hourly rate as most nursery assistants and we lose great staff........but it's ok, we won't need to worry as we could all stay at home, have friends and family pay us (cash in hand)to look after 4 children and no hassles of registrations or inspections, just a crb (that at the end of the day is just a piece of paper that says someone hasn't been caught) :'(

• Like 2

Guest cathy m

I also sent several emails to her a few months ago and am still awaiting her response to my last one. Quite a few of us received an identical response to the first one we sent which obviously did not address our individual concerns!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)