Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ipad Apps

Hi everyone

I know iPads are slowly making their way into nurseries and schools, and we are having them at ours. Does anyone have any good educational apps (preferably free, but open to look at ones you have to pay for) which they have used and worked well? I am looking for ones for nursery-age children really, 2-5 years old. If they link to new eyfs then even better!

Thanks ;)

I have had a look at the 2Simple Build a Profile app which is free and looks great. Only discovered it at the end of term so going to give it a proper go this term. You can take photos of the children and with a few clicks add in the relevant development matters objectives (it has the updated version too) and add your own notes, you then email it to yourself and print it out so you can add to learning journey's etc. I would recommend it! Would be great to hear about any other apps too.

Lovely, thanks. I will have a look!

Has anyone got any good educational apps to use with the children to support their learning?

I have had a look at the 2Simple Build a Profile app which is free and looks great. Only discovered it at the end of term so going to give it a proper go this term. You can take photos of the children and with a few clicks add in the relevant development matters objectives (it has the updated version too) and add your own notes, you then email it to yourself and print it out so you can add to learning journey's etc. I would recommend it! Would be great to hear about any other apps too.

I have downloaded it as it is free, I might trial it this half term and see how I get on with it on my own ipad then show the head in the hope she decides to invest!

Mel

I have looked at the 2simple but can't find the updated eyfs, any clues?

It's ok, deleted and reinstalled and I have them! The one it gave me initially had the old one, the welsh one and the Scottish one! Interesting but unhelpful!

Edited by Cait

I've persuaded my Head to get us an ipod touch as a cheaper alternative to the ipad not for the kids to use though just staff, a little more subtle to use as for taking pics during observations etc.

I downloaded Granmas Garden on my iPad for my little grandson I think it was a free one. I've also downloaded several ones that have puzzles on where they have to drag the pieces into place.

Is it the sherston grannies garden from many moons ago??? I need an Ipad just for that if it is :P

Hi all

I am new to the forum although I have read some of the threads when googling a topic. I downloaded the free trial of the 2Simple Build a Profile and thought it was fantastic. It will certainly save an awful lot of time in creating the learning journals. The document can be saved either as a PDF or a word document. I would like to personalise the document a bit more with maybe the school name and logo, saving it in word would allow me to do that - I think.

There is an annual cost for the download which for each application. We would need one for Reception and one for Nursery and IPads each. I would hate to have it for one year and then be told it's too expensive!

Hello Looch, welcome to the Forum and congratulations on making your first post of, hopefully, many!.

I looked at the 2simpla app too, but I didn't feel it was what I wanted. I could do that on my laptop by myself without the 2simple logo on the page. I like the functionality of putting a picture on a page in Word, angling it, adding a border or a shadow or whatever, and perhaps watermarking the paper too.

There are folk on here who do like the app. but I'm holding out for something that won't have any hidden costs, and that can be accessed without an ipad.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)