Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

O, A & P Laymans Terms By Me!

I have put together to be what i consider a Laymans terms document to help staff.. BUT i am coming to many of you here to help me.. (only learned all this stuff in the last year or so myself you see) but i think i got my head around it??

Please read the attached word document and add what i missed, correct me, or just tell me it's great!!

laymans terms.doc

Brilliant, i hope so as i want to get this right before showing the staff. We had a staff meeting last night about the new EYFS, and the amount of blank faces when some parts of planning was discussed was worrying!! I think these Laymans terms would really help!

I also forgot to add the end linking examples as i wrote i would after the fruits part.. ie Colours linking to Expressive Arts & Designs - Exploring & Using Media & Materials section.. bla bla bla... :P

Worrying isn't Boltonnurseries how little interest some staff have in staying up to date with changes in eyfs, we all obviously (by the amount of time we're here) spend hours either doing, or when not doing thinking about it all, and no I don't expect them to put in the hours I do that's my job, but they chose this career if they wanted a hobby should have done something else.....I bought them all the PLA new eyfs books as soon as available, making them aware that we needed to be back in sept with changes in place, had a staff meeting end of term (as no one keen to do one in hols, even though they'd be pd)gave them agenda with REVISED EYFS top of the list + had been drip feeding them info regarding CoEL......and only one turned up with their book .....and that was only because they'd never bothered taking it home !!!! And even though others had they clearly hadn't bothered opening it :D :D :'( :'(

well if only all the staff shared the same passion, but unfortunately you find some staff members are only interested in getting paid (not very much, which could be the problem) and just turn up basically and scrape through a days "work" but that's a different issue. Yes the new EYFS is very important, and ALL staff need to show an interest in it, or some children will not benefit from all these wonderful changes.

Thanks for your comments Mouse :1b

• 2 weeks later...

I unfortunately never got round to typing them up, i started then something must have come up. It is just in the new Dev Matters statements i struggled to find where "Colours" belonged and what catagory they came under in the new EYFS. I thought it would have been maths, because you seem to cover colours in Maths right? Anyway it was quite obviously in the EAD section under Exploring & Using Media & Materials. So i was going to link a few up as examples.. but it is fairly straight forward :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)