Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Moving Furniture At End Of Year

help!

we have been told we have to move all the furniture off the carpet on friday so that the caretaker can carpet clean in the holidays. three rooms worth. i don't feel we should do it. what do you think? do any of you move stuff? we have 37 children so it would not be possible to do it in the session as they need things to play with, and it would be unsafe moving things round with them around. we could do it at the end, but staff are only paid for half an hour after and by the time parents have gone and gates been locked etc, there would be 15 mins or so. surely he could do it? or am i just moaning over nothing????

We do ours - but then we clean the carpets too, so go from room to room. The main room has a solid wood area so everything goes on there which sits directly on the carpet.

We also paint the rooms when they need it too and cut the grass and the hedges, I'd love to have a caretaker to do some jobs!

We had to empty our building completely at Easter, (moving all units and emptying cupboards that were going to be taken out) to a different building as our floor needed replacing! The head enlisted all the teachers and TAs and we just did a mass move out on the Friday after the session. Then we were asked to go in at the end of the holidays to put it all back. Only 3 of us turned up (out of 10!!) and we got paid time and a half for the day!!

You're right that we shouldn't be moving stuff but to be fair - who should be? Plus we decided that we would rather do it ourselves than risk the builders doing it, breaking stuff or putting it in the wrong place ;)

That's nothing, I'm on day one of packing our current setting to be moved into the new one..............if we manage to pull off the build over the summer that is!!!!!!

Really it's no different to hiring a carpet cleaning company - you have to move the furniture then - well we do , and even if we were to get the caretaker to do it we would still have to shift stuff . Small price to pay for having nice clean carpets in my opinion. :1b

At the school I used to work in we always had to make sure there was nothing on the carpet so it could be cleaned. We had to do it at the end of the day even though we only got paid for 30mins after the children had gone

We do ours - but then we clean the carpets too, so go from room to room. The main room has a solid wood area so everything goes on there which sits directly on the carpet.

We also paint the rooms when they need it too and cut the grass and the hedges, I'd love to have a caretaker to do some jobs!

Us too and we do the weeding!

Have to say I see nothing wrong with having to do that, I am going to cut our large grass area tomorrow so that it is nice and short for our party on Friday (if it EVER stops raining) Also going in during the holidays to paint the staff room. (maybe I am just a freak)

rats! just moaning it appears! it's just that i have never had to do this in any other school, and i've worked in a few..........