Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Hi all!

We've just made an adjustment to our Construction area so that the children can build off the wall as well as on the floor. Problem is that we had to remove things that were previously stuck to the wall.

We've found some pictures to cover marks left behind, but I'm looking for some construction related words to display and my mind is drawing a blank.

Any ideas would be great!

So far I've got:

• Construct
  • Assemble
  • Create
  • Build
  • Stack
  • Connect
  • Make
  • Bricks
  • Blocks

Any more ideas, anyone?

Thanks!!

Thanks! This is what happens when you try and do work stuff straight after work!

Finding it a bit difficult actually. I've been a pre-schooler for almost 4 years and about a month ago I transferred to the young toddler room (just walking to 18mnths approximately) so it's a massive change and trying to adjust to the difference in their abilities is quite a challenge!

If these children are toddlers then maybe images of different construction activities would be more appropriate like from a building site. Or prehaps you could use photos of their actual constructions, I'm not a great fan of just putting random words on the walls, to me they appear a bit out of context, I prefer images that can spark a conversation and build vocabulary that way

Guest sn0wdr0p

How about signs such as Hard Hat Area.

Speech bubbles with questions "How high can you build a tower"

I think the most used prase of one of my four years olds is "alright mate" when he plays 'building sites'.

We have sounds such as BANG, CRASH around as well.

• 1 month later...

Thank you Sue, I've just downloaded some of those, double mounted them and wrote a simple word on the mounting i.e. hat, hammer etc. then laminated them to go in our construction corner

I'm getting some good idea's from this forum so thank you once again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)