Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Weekly Enhancement To Provision Sheet

It seems through reading your posts many of you use a continious provision sheet which is displayed and doesnt change weekly and alongside this you also have an enhancement sheet

We have an enhancement sheet but it seems to be being used for mixed purposes!

We use it for adding things for individual children on the days that they are in but also to enhance the area for the week.

It might be that the observations showed they really enjoyed the gloop with animals on Friday so on Monday we will put it back out - but then the indidivdual planning for a child might say add playdough out with number cutters for Billy. on Monday.

Does this make sense are you getting my drift?

Maybe we are trying to do too much?

Then someone said to us that enhancments are supposed to be what we are adding to enhance the area for the week and will have a link to learning?

Now we are really confused?

Can anyone explain how you use your enhancements sheets please?

We have a space on our planning sheet for staff to add any changes made to adult led activities or enhancements added to an area or activity through the week, we record whether adult or child initiated, we then included this in planning at a later date (not necessarily the following week).

Meant say we have cp sheets that include ideas for enhancements ......though not convinced staff actually look at them :/ But we don't have separate enhancement sheets.

Edited by mouse63

we just indicate add in such and such on cp sheet, and child's name or if added in to support objectives for week etc so no extra sheet needed. we also evaluate daily and add in changes made to follow children's interests or lack of it so change required!! we just try to make it as easy as possible and as little paper work too x

Our long term plans show all possible enhancements alongside our continuous provision. Then when we add enhancements we don't have to write it down every time.

• 4 weeks later...

Ours sounds like yours too :)

Continuous Provision is our areas we don't display planning for this anywhere but the staple resource list for CP areas are in our planning folder(cp provision covers all the areas of learning so don't feel the need to rewrite the eyfs for each one)

We have an enhancements sheet which lists the areas with a box for what the enhancement the the area is and possible links to learning through a code rather writing the whole thing out we put on whether its individual childs interest or if its group interest by initialing, and a box for notes to inform following weeks plans.

Whatever enhancements we put out in the area stay out for at least a week to allow the child or group to revisit, and we add to these enhancements or change in line with what direction the children are taking it.

The enhancement planner is cross referenced with the children's learning journeys and our group planning book.

Hope this makes sense i always feel i'm going all round the houses when i post :l

Jules I dont suppose you would be able to post a copy of that sheet on here would you? I am rethinking our planning formats for September and I think that I am going round in circles!! I am almost sorted but would like some ideas relating to the enhancements to cp and how to document it. :1b

Thank you so much for sharing those, they are great. Would you mind if I incorporated them into my sheets for my setting as they are just what I have been looking for.

Once again thanks for sharing. :D

Yes thats fine and your welcome :)

These are great jules2382. Simple, not time consuming and one of those resources that "does what it says on the tin"! Just one question-your outdoor provision, the activities you have provided as an example, are these for the week or longer? Or does it change according to the children's interests?

These are great jules2382. Simple, not time consuming and one of those resources that "does what it says on the tin"! Just one question-your outdoor provision, the activities you have provided as an example, are these for the week or longer? Or does it change according to the children's interests?

Thats the continuous provision for outdoors so its out all the time and enhancements are added in line with individual/group interests....we don't have it all but its what we'd like so have it as a wish list really and our actual sheet we use will just contain the things with

Dont laugh . what is busy fingers?

Thank You

Fine motor skills like threading, dough/clay without tools, etc. someone told me its good for pre-writing to boost pencil control?!

Edited by Guest

"Fine motor skills like threading, dough/clay without tools, etc. someone told me its good for pre-writing to boost pencil control?! "

And so it is along with the gross motor stuff like playing with balls, balloons, scarves, large arm movements like water painting on the shed / wall etc. and giant artwork! Children need to build the muscles in their arms and hands, be co-ordinated and able to control grip, direction and hands and eyes before they can be expected to pick up a pencil and form letters. :1b

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)