Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Appraisal As Part Of The Training ?

lashes2508

I have 2 members of staff currently training/studying for their NVQ 3 - I only completed mine 18 months ago and it seems that the work has inbcreased ten fold and hardly any is work based or being observed in the setting. they started before i joined the setting. One of the ladies asked if i could do her appraisal with her tutor , i agreed thinking they meant apprasial in term so learning and how she was applying to work but turns out the tutor needs to be sitting in my staff members actual staff appraisal- i don't think this is right as it is confidential and i do not see how this is relevant to passing the NVQ 3 - can anyone enlighten me please -

Thanks Sunnyday- i spoke to tutor today , she said it is part of a unit , i mentioned the confidentiality and said oh yes don't mention money, contracts but wants me to ask questions and format a ???? to which i said SMART , oh yes she said , i said i would do a mock appraisal , she said that would be fine about 1o mins long - still cannot see the relevance it has , I could understand it , if the member of staff had to do it on someone else to understand how to do appraisal or SMART objectives. I really don't rate this tutor .. can you tell :huh:

When I did my level 3 a few years ago I had to have a mock appraisal with my supervisor and assessor present.

No idea why seemed pointless to me!

Now the girl we have got at playgroup doing her level 3, her tutor asked me to do an appraisal and fill out a form with strengths, weaknesses and targets on but she won't be watching it.

thanks Klc i dont know why she needs to watch as i cannot see how someone answers is relevant in this case to their study or passing, she has also insisted that this member of staff does an IT course even though she has many certificates in IT - she told her it was because Tony Blair wanted more children using computers so therefore early years staff needed to - funny i did my level 3 when Tony Bair was not PM and my tutor never insisted on this - my staff member is really worried about this part as she said was really hard even though she is really good .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)