Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Expenses Policy

Good evening all... actually good morning lol

Before i go to bed just wondering if anyone has an expenses policy for staff that they would please share?

I need to write one up for the business side of the pre-school.

If there are any other policies that you think as a business we should have please let me know.

Thanks in advanced and Good nite :D ::1a

Good morning, can you please elaborate a little more on your original question, what expenses. If you mean items they may have been asked to get then a receipt is essential, maybe setting a maximum amount to spend etc. As a charity pre-school I mainly make the purchases or through our committee. I would always ask the staff team if there us anything that we need but I generally stock control anyway.

I dont have an expenses policy cos Its only me that does the spending!!! If Im away for any period then I leave a petty cash tin for sundries.

Same here, I do most of the day-to-day spending - owner does any 'big purchases', which we discuss together. As a rule any single purchase over £30 I double check with owner first.

Good morning, can you please elaborate a little more on your original question, what expenses. If you mean items they may have been asked to get then a receipt is essential, maybe setting a maximum amount to spend etc. As a charity pre-school I mainly make the purchases or through our committee. I would always ask the staff team if there us anything that we need but I generally stock control anyway.

Hello

I mean more to do with travel expenses for staff say if they have to go on a training course etc.

Thanks x

I was given the following on how to claim expenses as a volunteer.. any use? there is a claim form too, but they are kept in office for filling in.. it has things like reason for claim, and a signature at the end for me and the verifier..

How to claim expenses (for volunteers)

First of all, please ensure that you do obtain receipts for all expenditure to be claimed as we will not be able to reimburse you without proof of purchase.

Complete the claim form.

You can claim your expenses on the day, or claim for several occasions at once, up to monthly. If you are claiming monthly, please note that your claim (signed and authorised) must be handed in by the 8th day of the month in order to ensure payment at the end of that month.

If you are claiming mileage, you will need to: put your car registration number on the claim form, attach a VAT petrol receipt (or receipts) for the period covered. (You may have to ask for a receipt when you buy petrol.)

Mileage can normally be claimed up to a maximum of 10 miles each way (i.e. 20 miles round trip). The exceptions to this will be agreed with you in advance and are:

If you are a Publicity volunteer, driving round to deliver publicity for the children’s centre, or

If you are attending training recommended for your volunteering at the children’s centre, and the venue for the training is further than 10 miles from your home.

For public transport and any other expenses, please remember to attach the bus ticket or other receipt to your claim form. Photocopies of bus or train tickets are acceptable if the ticket is required for your return journey.

Ensure that you sign the claim form which must then be authorised by xxxxxxxxxxxx, before payment can be made.

Hand in your claim form to the office for payment.

• Like 1

Hello

I mean more to do with travel expenses for staff say if they have to go on a training course etc.

Thanks x

Some good info from Inge, but for us staff are not paid expenses!! -other than parking payments, for which they hand it the receipts which I then pay.

Hi we are unable to pay expenses such as travelling I'm afraid, but we always pay for their training and any hours whilst on the course. We are a charity run pre-school so there would not be enough coffers for that. Good suggestions from Inge.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)