Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Interview..

Hi there

Really nervous, I've not that long ago had an interview for an FSU post..both of these are to work with the Pre-school aged

children...that i didn't get! Despite asking for feedback (twice) I didn't get any, so hard to know what 'went wrong' last time!

I have read Ofsted for this latetst job...outstanding and done the usual prep and research on school website and by thinking through my answers to usual questions

not sure until follow-up letter to today's call come through whether need to plan an activity...this is all quite rushed now as busy week with our easter service at current post...and end-of-term stuff to do...and interview is 8.30AM!! on Friday (not ideal but there we go)

Really want it I think...wish had time for prelim visit!! Might try to do this...do you think it helps?

Luciebythesea - I think its very important to make time for prelim-visit. I work in a school and know that if prospective candidates don't visit they generally don't even get an interview! It would give you a feel for the place and might even confirm, in your own mind, that you really do or don't want the job! Just my opinion of course.

Thanks...that's what i thought...and i will try!!

It will only really be able to happen if the prospective school has a gap to see me when i have non-contact time this week...as

it is getting very tight to arrange cover! will be hard enough to get cover for the interview!

Guest LornaW

luciebythesea in an ideal world you would visit but judging by your post this may not be possible so I would suggest you give the school a ring and explain to them your dilemma that way they will know you are willing to visit and not think you 'couldn't be bothered'. Iusedtobeabox is right that a prelim visit is as much about you finding out whether you want to work there or not but so is an interview. If at the end opf the interview you get the wrong vibes then you can easliy withdraw your application.

I know it is normal to visit but my own experience tells me that if you explain you should be OK I got my first headship without visiting the school before the interviews!!!! (was a long time ago mind you - now retired!)

luciebythesea in an ideal world you would visit but judging by your post this may not be possible so I would suggest you give the school a ring and explain to them your dilemma that way they will know you are willing to visit and not think you 'couldn't be bothered'. Iusedtobeabox is right that a prelim visit is as much about you finding out whether you want to work there or not but so is an interview. If at the end opf the interview you get the wrong vibes then you can easliy withdraw your application.

I know it is normal to visit but my own experience tells me that if you explain you should be OK I got my first headship without visiting the school before the interviews!!!! (was a long time ago mind you - now retired!)

Hi, i received the letter with more details today and got my husband to open it and read it to me down phone on my lunchbreak! It says that we start with a tour...so when I phoned to confirm the interview I asked the school secretary and she said it would be hard for their school to fit in prelim-vists this week with easter services etc...so they decided to do it this way.

There are 3 other candidates...i am first...don't tknow if that is good or bad!!!

Yes, I did! So nerve wracking and to have to go back to current setting knowing that they'd be ringing me with decision AT WORk (unavoidable really as both term-time only so last day)

Very happy!

Will be really compatible with a better work/life balance I think

• 1 month later...

Well, middle of 2nd week and pretty much all going well. it's very different! as I have been used to a LOT of pressure in the last year covering a Manager's role as

maternity cover, i am now more in a deputy position (and part-time where was very full-time) My own children are soo happy to 'have their Mum back' though, lol! My 6 year old just beams every day when she sees it's me at the school gates again....worth more than the bigger pay packet to me even though my bank manager will strongly disagree....hey ho, overdraft again!!!

Thanks for all the kind wishes and look forward to sharing on here

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)