Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I Pads

when you say applications for the foundation stage are we talking children or adults?

I love my Ipad but haven't noticed any applications that I can recommend relating to foundation stage however I only download the free apps so there's probably something of use in the apps store just I havent spent money looking

I must add it would be nice to have a foundation stage forum app (or on android)

I have an app called Tozzle that my grandchildren play on my IPAD, the youngest plays it he is nearly 3 and the eldest likes it too she is 10. Its a diferent puzzles with varying levels .

smiles

I agree Marc Foulder is doing great work with digital technology -see iPad in Reception.

Ipad apps - there are lots and lots of good ones but some you have to pay money for.. and you'll see why if you give them a try.

Take a look at some of these, web addresses given but downloaded from ITunes. Lots of places use iTunes gift vouchers instead of setting up an account.

Duck Duck Moose Start with the Wheels on the Bus, their first ( facility to change the language amongst many others) the others have all worked well but the most recent Draw and Tell is such a simple creative app. Choose background,make marks/pictures then record your story save ( and have evidence).

Nosy Crow publish interactive animated stories The Three Little Pigs ( blow into the microphone to help blow down the houses) Cinderella and more coming along

Land of Me already established as a computer based interactive learning game now has an app.

Apps in my Pocket have Pocket Phonics following/supporting Letters and Sounds

Talking Carl repeats everything you say - child appropriate image (not all similar applications have this)

BeeBot app Scroll down the page to read about it. If you're using BeeBots this free games app will be familiar to the older children

Some starters for you

Tricia

• Like 2

I think the mobile theme for the forum is pretty good Jenny, thanks for mentioning it. It strips out most of the graphics and gives the forums in a linear form which makes things much more quick.

Alison, I can see what you mean about opening straight into the FSF - but you could achieve pretty much the same by setting the FSF as your homepage. Or, if you didn't want to do that you could download a free alternative browser (eg Opera), set that up with the FSF as your homepage, and then you'd have effectively a dedicated browser app!

I saw in Sainsburys the other day a magazine produced with children in mind about educational apps for the ipad. Although it covers the range from the early years to teenagers, at quick glance it appeared more weighted to Early Years :D looked some interesting apps in there although it was quite pricey at £7.99 :blink:

• Like 1

Marc Faulder came to Tiny Tots to support and train staff on I Pad apps. Some intersting ways to use apps. Take a look at - http://ow.ly/1KiRft

www.enablingenvironments.posterous.com

Puppet Pals is a great app to use in the foundation stage. Our chidlren have created their own stories. talked about size as they discovered the characters could be re sized either bigger or smaller. As Marc explains on his blog page photo booth is proving to be an app that young children can explore independently while creating some fantastic art work. :D

Edited by sue28
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hairy letters is great for letter recognition and formation

Toca boca games for fun

Sand painter is a nice simple creative game

musicsparkle for music making

treasure hunt great for a bit of problem solving

hope this helps x

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, the treasure game is called pirate treasure hunt: 8 challenges. Have you had a play with music sparkle yet, I love "testing" the apps out first!

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)