Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Accident Forms

Guest janetcollins

Hi I used to run a pre school. I devised individual accident sheets for each child which enabled up to five accidents to be logged. These were all kept in a ring binder. At the front of the ring binder was a log sheet number so each child's sheet was numbered. When the sheet was filled up a new sheet for that child with a new number was added to the file. I also had a sheet that enabled regularly reviewing of the accident sheets ie termly (6 weeks or before if needed). When the sheets had been reviewed and then moved to the filing cabinet it was noted on the original log sheet in the column reviewed (date was added) and column on the log sheet had date moved to filing cabinet. so teh form looked something like the following

sheet no, child's name, date reviewed, date moved to cabinet, other comments.

This is a lot to het on one a4 sheet but i was praised by ofsted for setting this up as the sheets remained confidential, I was able to distinguish if there was any patterns develeoping etc etc.

At the back of this folder I also had a page for staff and students.

In the same folder was the accident on arrival sheets as well which also had a log sheet as each sheet was individual as they needed filling in when a child came in with injury. I had 72 children on the role so to have a sheet per child would have created a lot of extra paperwork and as we didnt have too many of these incidents there was no calling to have the accident on arrival sheets the same format as the accident sheets. On the log sheet for accident on arrival I had the following details

sheet no, child name, whom it was sent to (next establishment) date of sending to next establishment.

Every september at the start of the acedemic year the accident sheets are filed and if not used by the child renumbered for the following year and details added to log sheet ie renumbered 12 for year 2011/12.

Ah i like the format of yours Cait,

Is that a new form for each accident? I assume so.. :)

We just seem to have a lot of little accidents like grazes whwn running and falling over outdoors, and seems alot and very time consuming to fill out just for that. lol.

Ah i like the format of yours Cait,

Is that a new form for each accident? I assume so.. :)

We just seem to have a lot of little accidents like grazes whwn running and falling over outdoors, and seems alot and very time consuming to fill out just for that. lol.

No, we have little slips for slips and trips :o

Edited by Cait

Hi although it may seem time consuming there are on occasions when a unassuming trip or slip can in fact possibly be a fracture or break, just putting another spin on it and covering all angles. We use a ring binder with a separate sheet for each accident.

These are evaluated and filed each half term into a box file which has to be kept for 40 years incase of claims against you. :o

40 years is so unrealistic , setting may not be going that long - standards procedure is on here , 3 years is recommended for most things , i would think the sensible way to look at it is , a serious injury resulting from an accident should be kept longer but otherwise all other forms the recommended 3 years

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)